Couple of issues one post.

cmobley

Crowing
9 Years
Mar 4, 2015
saraland alabama
Issue 1 poly has deformed feet he walks but more like scoots really low to the ground. Is he gonna make it or no. Im not gonna push him around in a wheel chair so if it’s no it’s no.
image.jpg
Issue 2 this poult was glued down to the incubator floor when I got home his feet are normal but really can’t walk seems to have flip over syndrome.Wrap him in a donut see if he makes it or call it?

Issue 1 poly has deformed feet he walks but more like scoots really low to the ground. Is he gonna make it or no. Im not gonna push him around in a wheel chair so if it’s no it’s no. View attachment 3483352Issue 2 this poult was glued down to the incubator floor when I got home his feet are normal but really can’t walk seems to have flip over syndrome.Wrap him in a donut see if he makes it or call it?
The first one I would have already culled.

Second one might come out of it. You can try putting it in a container with a paper towel on the bottom. The container needs to be small enough that the poult almost fills it. It needs to be tall enough that the poult can' get out of it.

The first one I would have already culled.

Second one might come out of it. You can try putting it in a container with a paper towel on the bottom. The container needs to be small enough that the poult almost fills it. It needs to be tall enough that the poult can' get out of it.
I didn’t notice his feet when he came out I’ve never had a poult with a deformity like that but now that I see it happens I’ll be more observant when I transfer from incubators to brooders. I dunno when that deformity forms but the last few days of incubation my humidity went haywire for some reason never had that happen in my nurture right. I know that affected the stuck poult he had hatching issues before he was stuck. I ended up with 15 poults out of 18 eggs.

I think @Bantambird has a special turkey (Two Toes) that the foot problem was caused by a situation in her incubator.
indeed, Two Toes was an incubator mishap. She was allowed to live because she was able to walk normally. She was a little wobbly right at the start, because she is missing her outside toe on one side and the tow on the other outside tow is bent, but the incubator had a brief mishap where it temperature spiked a few hours when the sensor accidentally touched the metal trays. There were two other poults from that batch I had to cull. One had no legs at all, looked like a little turkey slug, and another had no feet, only stumps. Two Toes has been a successful turkey mother, is a good size adult Narraganset now. she is 3 years old.

Back
Top Bottom