Coyotes :(

I said there will be people who won't like this approach. Protecting the homestead is priority one at any cost.

Some of us are boonsville survivors and some of are urban survivors. There's a big difference.

Thanks for not posting. I typed it without really thinking first. What I meant in a shorter way...

Eat or get eaten. It's the coyotes or, well, you. Do what it takes. If humane is an option, great. But if there is no other way, don't keep losing chickens and other things because you pity a coyote.
Try other things first. Humane is always best. But if it doesn't work the conciquences aren't worth it. I lost a whole flock to coyotes that didn't even eat them, but just left them laying there. They didn't even take one. That's killing for sport-not survival. And that's where I draw the line. I will try everything humane before resorting to worse methods. But I won't sit back and watch to spare the coyotes.

Well to each his own. I guess some people don't mind doing it that way, but if I had to kill I would try my best to do it as humanely as possible...that said, I don't think anyone is wrong with their opinions, just that mine are different. I also would like to add that the OP hasn't been on this thread for a little while...I'm hoping for an update soon!

Does OP mean original poster? I keep seeing it and have no idea what it means
1f606.png

I need to get some electric fence. The only thing is we have four goats. And three of them are...ahem...really, REALLY stupid. We used to have electrical fence and they mashed into it so much I was afraid they'd hurt or fry themselves. and they wouldn't stop. What I really want is a guard something...donkey, dog, llama...something. I'm correctly looking into it
1f600.png
the two dogs we have let us know when the coyotes are out there. But they're not fit to try to do anything about it and we bring them in.

Back
Top Bottom