Cracked Egg Got Crushed. Never Mind

The Wolf Queen

Songster
10 Years
May 2, 2009
Albuquerque, NM
Today I was checking one of my laying hens and one of the eggs that should be close to hatching and it has a hole where you can see some of the baby inside. Im totally freaked out
sad.png
I put tape over the hole and a little blood came out but not alot. Is there still a chance it will hatch or should I take it out right away!?!?! HELP!

Last edited by a moderator:
i think you should candle it to see if its alive or not. if its dead you should take it out. if its not then dont

Im pretty sure that its not a pip hole and correct me if im wrong but ive heard there is hardly any liquid in the egg at hatching point and in this egg it still had at least a decent amount of liquid. Anyway I think when I picked it up for daily examination I think I might have cracked it
sad.png
Would a picture help? If so could you please explain how to post a pic (lol sorry i'm new)?
hmm.png
Also this was an accidental incubation so I do not know if the eggs are 2 or 3 weeks old. Also the hatching period is 21-26 days correct? Also how is the best way to candle an egg?

If you look at the top of the page where is starts with index, go over to uploads, click on that. When go to the browse button and click on that. Now find your pictures, hopefully you have them on your computer. Open the file and you will see the file name is in the box before the browse button. Now click submit. Then go to
My uploads it’s on the bottom right side. Click on that. Then click, view as list. Go to the name and right click that. Click copy shortcut and past it on your reply. I hope you understand this. It’s not hard maybe you could print this out and go step by step. I can't find on here the direction on how to do it so I just did it as I know. Maybe someone can tell you where to find it.

Good luck and it's 21 days for hatching but sometimes the temp could be off and it may take a couple more days.

Ok thanks
smile.png
As soon as I can I will post a pic (probably later today when I mark my 2nd hatch). Also for the cracked egg should I use normal tape or duct tape or something else???

Ok heres the pic. Every time I look at it, the more I think its a downer though.
sad.png
Am I right? Also now it kinda had a wet paint smell coming from it. Does that mean its rotten, and I should seperate it NOW

30085_0503091227.jpg

Oh, it looks like momma either stepped on it or pecked the egg. I don't think there is much helping it at this point and should be tossed.
Sorry.....
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom