Crack in hatching egg?

JulietsMomma

Chirping
Mar 24, 2023
I set 18 serama hatching eggs yesterday. I inspected them and didn’t see any cracks but this morning when checking them out in the incubator, I noticed one egg had a teeny tiny crack and had some dried liquid (very minimal). I took non scented candle wax and sealed it like I’ve seen some suggest in these forums but here’s my question.

What is the likelihood of this egg hatching and the chick surviving? I don’t want to potentially harm something in the process and want to make sure I did the right thing instead of just pulling the egg. I just hate to toss it if it can be saved because I spent a lot on the eggs 🫤 I didn’t think to take a picture before putting the wax on.

I set 18 serama hatching eggs yesterday. I inspected them and didn’t see any cracks but this morning when checking them out in the incubator, I noticed one egg had a teeny tiny crack and had some dried liquid (very minimal). I took non scented candle wax and sealed it like I’ve seen some suggest in these forums but here’s my question.

What is the likelihood of this egg hatching and the chick surviving? I don’t want to potentially harm something in the process and want to make sure I did the right thing instead of just pulling the egg. I just hate to toss it if it can be saved because I spent a lot on the eggs 🫤 I didn’t think to take a picture before putting the wax on.
I've heard of that being extremely successful! I've heard of some who have used clear fingernail polish too. If I ever have to do it, I'd go with wax as well.

Back
Top Bottom