Cracked egg seeping day 18

Inharmony

Songster
11 Years
Jul 14, 2011
Hello,
I forgot to candle my eggs before putting in. On the first candleing I found a few had hairline cracks but seemed to have developed. I put wax on the egg where cracked and set a separate incubator for the cracked ones in case they fail.

On day 17 one started seeping through the wax just a bit and now day 18 it is seeping even more. I candles and can't see anything on any eggs so I suspect they are all full of chicks. This one in particular is a BCM so it's even harder to see.

I've also noticed it sounds like there is clicking or cracking noises coming from this egg. Is that it getting ready to explode or could it have a chick inside clicking and this little bit of seeping won't affect it? Should I try to seal it again before lockdown, leave it or should I remove this one and assume it stopped developing? The wax was yellow the seeping is the foamy stuff.

Attachments

• 20230407_093756.jpg
    20230407_093756.jpg
    198.4 KB · Views: 46
That looks like cooked egg. Can you take this egg into the closet in a really dark area and candle it real quick and get a picture?

That looks like cooked egg. Can you take this egg into the closet in a really dark area and candle it real quick and get a picture?
I have but it is just dark. I can't see anything in the egg but I can't see anything in my ones that were good either. Maybe my light isn't strong enough for dark eggs. The ones that where not developed I can see through a bit

I have but it is just dark. I can't see anything in the egg but I can't see anything in my ones that were good either. Maybe my light isn't strong enough for dark eggs. The ones that where not developed I can see through a bit
Does this egg stink??

Back
Top Bottom