Crackle?

allhop

Hatching
May 1, 2016
i, I'm new to the chicken business but I absolutely adore mine! My beautiful daisy has been sneezing (I think) and I just went out to the garden (she's asleep) and she's crackling. Sounds like a chest infection/cough in humans. What can I give her, I love her to bits and hate to think of her struggling. Thanks in advance x

She still rattles. She's absolutely fine in herself, eating drinking etc. Just sneezing & crackly

You might consider treating her with Tylan 50 (you can do a search on it). It typically helps with respiratory illnesses. I don't know if that's what your girl has, but it won't hurt to try treating, just in case. Sometimes it's a process of elimination when it comes to treating chicken issues. I've only ever given it as in injection (could use a 22 gauge needle, or even insulin needles if you have access). You could give 1/2 cc into her breast muscle for three days, alternating breasts for each injection. Tractor Supply and other farm type stores generally sell small syringes and needles of various gauges...and Tylan 50.

Back
Top Bottom