Crafters- What are you making???

Pics

nccatnip

Songster
12 Years
Aug 5, 2007
Piedmont area NC
Would love to know what everyone is making as gifts for Christmas. I started hoop knitting and am doing scarfs and hats- so quick and easy!!!!
Also if time permits a few backpack quilts for the grandkids.

In the past I have made candles, soaps (the easy melt and pour kind) decorated and marbled glass ornaments. I've also painted birdhouse gourds made them into birdhouses. My son made frame magnets for eveyone with his pic in them last year. He has also made pencil/pen holders for people out of veggie cans.

This year I have been so busy and hopefully I will be getting a callback on a job soon. So this isn't really a craft, but this year I think I'm just going to bake tons of goodies for everyone.

Probably flannel pillowcases and/or potholders.
Oh and when I get going, I will be ordering soap to give for gifts as well.

I make baskets from things we have been making all year long.

Jam and jelly (pepper jelly, tomato preserves, cranberry/pepper jelly)
pickled peppers (jalapeno and red chilli)
dried herbs (rosemary, thyme, mint, parsley)
crushed dried hot peppers (red peppers)
a handmade ornament (this years is hand painted and blown eggs)
homemade beer
fresh eggs/yogurt/cheese from our chickens and goats
a dessert
black walnuts from our trees
3 kinds of homemade soap

I have no idea what else.

The kids have each chosen one person from our extended family and is making a gift. One dau is making one grandmother a crocheted blanket, another dau is knitting the other grandmother a winter scarf, etc.

It is our most favorite time of the year.

Last edited:
I'm working on two crazy mosaic "looking glass" balls for the garden for my gardening family members and doing a vintage silverware wind chime that incorporates my lampwork beads for my sister in law in CO. I've been on a mosaic and wind chime kick lately!
tongue.png

I'm also working on how to use my chicken beads somehow and make Christmas ornaments...

I need a craft idea for my Cub Scouts to make for their Moms for Christmas this year. Remember, these are little kids. So far the last three years we made, masking tape colorful flower vases, pine cone snowman ornaments, and cinnamon glue ornaments. Any suggestions? Hope I'm not messing up this thread!

Quote:
Miss Prissy- I have hundreds of black walnuts all over my yard. I cannot figure out how to open them. So far the best uses I can find for them is a friend is making dye for wool for her yarn and I am throwing at the goat's butt when she jumps the fence. No so good as they sprout up everywhere!!!!!!!
How do you harvest them?

Quote:
I think MissPrissy is actually Martha Stewart in disguise!
gig.gif
Handmade gifts from the heart are the best gifts of all!!!

Back
Top Bottom