crazy ways of hatching eggs this really worked!?

nuber 2 works as for the sand method it has to be hot in summer but almost worked as I used a flash light to see if they were fertile and found embros in them eggs was very surprised but on day of hatching some died some lived but was a vvery fun experiment for all people who says thisis a joke as chickenshiha said just try and then talk

I believe these methods work not perfect but good I tried both back in the days and had 80% of hatching with the raping eggs on hen thing but the sand method 55% hatching rate don't say this doesn't work before you try
old.gif

I believe these methods work not perfect but good I tried both back in the days and had 80% of hatching with the raping eggs on hen thing but the sand method 55% hatching rate don't say this doesn't work before you try
old.gif

COULD it work? Sure, if you are somewhere the sand will stay the same temp as the underside of a hen for 21 days. And the humidity happens to be right.

Trying it as an experiment? Get a Chia pet. Chickens are live (or one hopes they will be if you don't screw this up) animals. You shouldn't be messing around hoping only 45% will die before hatching.

Edited by Staff

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm of the old school, I guess.  A wise chicken friend of mine says, "Just because something can be done doesn't mean it should be done."  

Yes! This exactly!

Was the poor bird you did this to one of your many that have died? Perhaps the stress of having a pillow tied to it contributed!

she is still alive and she took care of the chicks as it was like she sat on them she loves chicks she doesn't go broody but was a great mother

I'm sorry, but your story has so many holes and impossibilities in it. So you tie a pillow to her. If I did that my chicken would rightfully freak out. How do you keep it from falling off when it's finished freaking out? Duct tape it? How does it poop with a pillow over its butt? How does it get on the roost at night with a pillow on its butt? How do the chicks not suffocate in the time between the first and last hatching. Why would a non broody hen adopt the supposed chicks? If it were that easy we wouldn't need heat lamps to grow them when incubated.

Edited by Staff

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sorry, but your story has so many holes and impossibilities in it. So you tie a pillow to her. If I did that my chicken would rightfully freak out. How do you keep it from falling off when it's finished freaking out? Duct tape it? How does it poop with a pillow over its butt? How does it get on the roost at night with a pillow on its butt? How do the chicks not suffocate in the time between the first and last hatching. Why would a non broody hen adopt the supposed chicks? If it were that easy we wouldn't need heat lamps to grow them when incubated.

Edited by Staff
Exactly This way of hatching sounds preposterous and not natural.
Broody hens are the best way to hatch you don't need to duct tape a pillow to ther butts to make them sit on eggs.
Wait till they go broody then give them eggs.
Don't torture the poor hen.
No offense

Guys and girl try to remember that this is a international site. If hatching a egg made a big difference to my well being then pass me the duct tape. As I have a reliable power supply and a market of cheap made in china imports (cheap is relative to my income based on exchange rate and import duty's) then I will just incubate using a incubator. Sometime I use a hen but that's normally done to give the hen a rest from constantly laying rather than using the hen as a incubator.

Now when it comes to my expensive budgies and other parrots then I will use other hens including different breeds until the chicks get large enough to hand feed

what are you trying to say? this is a lie or a joke? im sorry to all people here that I offended by the way if you don't think this is good who cares I only did it once never again

Against my better judgment, I will wade in.

What many here seem to be saying, and I am saying, is that any method which delivers the required temperature, humidity and motion will result in eggs that incubate to hatching.

There are thousands of ways one can try to accomplish that, but why? The results are less than positive, with low hatch rates and potential animal abuse as you lash a hen into position to turn her into a captive incubator. You are also creating a number of lives of which you know a large percentage are not going to make it and with at least some failing at a point where there is actual suffering on the part of the chicks who ultimately die.

To what purpose? To see if you can? People have been raising chickens for millennia. Most of the experiments have been done and the results found to be lacking. We live on the bleeding edge of human endeavour and best practices are just that - the BEST way we know to do a thing. Why try for less?

A cardboard box and a light bulb will do you far better than that and help to ensure there is no unnecessary suffering on the part of the animals - both the chicks and your bondage birds.

Back
Top Bottom