CRD - Duramycin dosage for chickens?

One Tablespoon per gallon is the 800 mg dose.....

I understand the concerns on NOT FEEDING the eggs back to the FLOCK. Is there any concerns with incubating these eggs? Are the eggs infected with the CRD or ruined because of the antibiotics?

I was told by someone with quite a few years of experience with chickens that it's better to be safe than sorry - so treat the entire flock. I did end up treating my whole flock.

I either treat the entire flock unless I pull the sick bird and isolate her and treat her.... if you are leaving her with the flock then you might as well treat the entire flock..
and if another bird is also sick and not showing symptoms yet you might be nipping it in the bud.

How do you know for sure that you have CDR..... ?

Does this mean that all of your birds will now be carriers???

I am sooo confused!!!!
sad.png
I have been giving my 10 friends Duramycin 10 for sneezing/coughing. This is the third day. Had only been giving 2 tsp/gallon of water. Should I dump what I mixed for today and remix using the tablespoon/gallon? I read somewhere that since my ladies have been treated, that their eggs should never be consumed since they always will have some of the medication in them???? Which eggs do you destroy??? Are the ones they laid Monday morning/afternoon good or bad??? (Medication was started Monday morning) Are the ones laid Tuesday bad or were they formed inside and didnt get the medication in them??? What about todays eggs??? How long after you stop the medication do you still destroy eggs??? I have not destroyed any yet but have them labeled/separated in the fridge for destruction when I find the answers to these questions. Thank you all for the information. Being a new egg, all info/advise is welcomed!! Sometimes I think too much info can be dangerous though!!!

This is where I got my dosage information from: http://www.durvet.com/dl/Durvet-Poultry-Brochure.pdf

I
would LOVE to hear answers to all your questions mskittydjs as mine are pretty much the same. I have been destroying all the eggs laid since my flock was treated with Duramycin. I also read that the eggs should never be consumed, or more like, consume them at your own discretion since there may always be medication in them. I really would like to know if this is a fact or not. It's terrible to have to destroy the eggs after waiting so long since they were tiny chicks to get eggs. This is my first year with hens and I'm bummed.
sad.png

Sharon

Back
Top Bottom