Cream Legbar Club -- WWIT

Hi! I am sharing a egg selling business with my father. We are just starting up. We are doing it only for food eggs right now. We have Polish, Ameraucana, Guinea, Rouen ducks, and as of Nov. Cream legbars from green fire. I am building a pen for my Cream Legbars within the next few days.Oh yes and Welsummers hatched in late Nov. I have read all 14 pages and am interested in your club. I have a few questions though.

Does my father have to sign up also?

If he buys chicks or eggs and we add said babies to my group do I have to get his paperwork?

I don't know what lines my chicks are from. Does that matter?

Do I need to send pictures of my birds?

That's all for now.

You can join on our temporary website, an associate membership is free and a full membership is $12 per year, full members are able to attend quarterly meetings and vote on club business. You would each need to sign up if you both want e-mail updates and voting rights. If you wanted to run your flock as a team only one of you needs to sign up. We are wresting with the details on possibly doing either a chicken pedigree or a flock pedigree system, but that is far from ready. We are also discussing a breeders or owners list of some type. For now sign up and I will send you a link to the Clubhouse group where we are discussing things like this and you can join the discussion.

Last edited:
How did I not find this earlier? I went to the website and joined just now.
big_smile.png
X3 welcome to the club!
wee.gif

Hi! I am sharing a egg selling business with my father. We are just starting up. We are doing it only for food eggs right now. We have Polish, Ameraucana, Guinea, Rouen ducks, and as of Nov. Cream legbars from green fire. I am building a pen for my Cream Legbars within the next few days.Oh yes and Welsummers hatched in late Nov. I have read all 14 pages and am interested in your club. I have a few questions though.

Does my father have to sign up also?

If he buys chicks or eggs and we add said babies to my group do I have to get his paperwork?

I don't know what lines my chicks are from. Does that matter?

Do I need to send pictures of my birds?

That's all for now.
Hi rosewolf2002--

You may be the closest (on the map) BYC member to me-- we are past Stockdale, between Gillet and Yorktown. Small world hey?

Hoping that you will join the club, as lonnyandrinda said, a lot of the things you are asking are in process now by the club to determine how best to handle them for the club---and are being discussed in the club house. Some of your questions point to how optimal it would be if there was a way to track the lines of chickens that we all have...

Congrats on getting some more Cream Legbars, and having an egg business. I usually go through LaVernia when I go to SA. There is also a 'Fancy Feathers' event coming up on Saturday April 13th in San Marcos. Our president has a chick contest there, and will have a table, and people that can make it to San Marcos that day, who have interest in Cream Legbars will gather there that day.

Hope you decide to participate in the club and the event.
frow.gif

I am in Marble Falls, TX and will be at the San Marcos Show at the Cream Legbar table.

I have never shown birds but know of one Full CLB Club member that is going to bringer her Legbars to enter in the Open Catagory. I keep encouraging club member to get out of their comfort zone and do what they can to educate the public on the Cream Legbar so I might have to get out of my conformt zone and take some of my Cream Legbars for people to see too.

I will be donating Cream Legbar Eggs to the 4-H club for the Silent Auction at the San Marcos show. I will have my 2013 breeding pen together by then so someone will get some very nice Cream Legbar stock. I have a very nice cream colored cockerels that in a few weeks will be put with two 58 week old cream colored hens to form my dream team for 2013 breeding.

I will try to post photos of the Dream Team once they are together.

Last edited:
clap.gif
Hooray! Welcome Mary so glad to have you along for the ride!

GaryDean I can't wait to see pictures of the hens you are putting your new boy with! They are going to have some adorable babies I'm sure!

lonnyandrinda, I just checked the club Membership and The Sheriff is listed as the newest member.

Welcome Mary! How many cockerels were you able to hatch last fall? Do you have the best one with the hens yet?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom