Cream Legbar Club -- WWIT

Welcome! I grew up in Utah, Clearfield area.
wink.png

Welcome! I grew up in Utah, Clearfield area.
wink.png
Thanks for the welcome!!
big_smile.png
I'm out in the Duchesne area. Married a husband who lived here. I grew up in SLC but love living in the smaller towns which I've made my home... Heber City, Oakley, Sevier and now Duchesne (which is a little too desert for me but what are you going to do when the husband works in the oilfields
idunno.gif
).

Just saw you have bees!!!
celebrate.gif
I do too... love my bees, but only have two hives right now. This is my second year for bees... still fill like I'm figuring them out...lol. Want to get more hives next year.

Last edited:
Thanks for the welcome!!
big_smile.png
I'm out in the Duchesne area. Married a husband who lived here. I grew up in SLC but love living in the smaller towns which I've made my home... Heber City, Oakley, Sevier and now Duchesne (which is a little too desert for me but what are you going to do when the husband works in the oilfields
idunno.gif
).

celebrate.gif
I do too... love my bees, but only have two hives right now. This is my second year for bees... still fill like I'm figuring them out...lol. Want to get more hives next year.

That's awesome! We are on our 4th year and have 4 apiaries. Last year the final tally was 60 gallons of honey (I don't think it will be anywhere near that this year). My sister's in-laws live in Utah and cannot find ANYONE near them who have hives and will sell them some honey- so I am SENDING them a gallon of honey the next time my mom drives out. They would be thrilled to get ahold of someone local if you know anyone, apparently they don't have the right connections!

Thanks for the welcome!!
big_smile.png
idunno.gif
).

celebrate.gif
Hi Desert Springs,

My brother lives in Heber. Small world. Congratulations on your CL flock -- keep us posted.

That's awesome! We are on our 4th year and have 4 apiaries. Last year the final tally was 60 gallons of honey (I don't think it will be anywhere near that this year). My sister's in-laws live in Utah and cannot find ANYONE near them who have hives and will sell them some honey- so I am SENDING them a gallon of honey the next time my mom drives out. They would be thrilled to get ahold of someone local if you know anyone, apparently they don't have the right connections!
Where is your sis-in-law located? Maybe I can get some to her.

Hi Desert Springs,

My brother lives in Heber. Small world. Congratulations on your CL flock -- keep us posted.
Hi Chic!!
frow.gif

Yes, small world!! I love Heber and wished I'd never left. Duchesne is a place I'd leave in a heartbeat...lol.

I'm so excited!! I have CL ready to hatch in a week. I had a perfect hatch last night of my Wels and AMs. My roos are earning their feed. The CL eggs came from Tennessee... can hardly wait.

Where is your sis-in-law located? Maybe I can get some to her.

Hi Chic!!
frow.gif

Yes, small world!! I love Heber and wished I'd never left. Duchesne is a place I'd leave in a heartbeat...lol.

I'm so excited!! I have CL ready to hatch in a week. I had a perfect hatch last night of my Wels and AMs. My roos are earning their feed. The CL eggs came from Tennessee... can hardly wait.
Good luck with that hatch!!!!

Post some pictures when you get babies -- here are some other CL threads on BYC if you haven't encountered them as of yet:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/603454/cream-legbar-pictures/90#post_11432794
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/459044/the-legbar-thread/4600#post_11429601
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/509483/cream-legbars/1640#post_11432799

Just bought my first Cream Legbars today! 4 pullets and 3 roosters - all a couple weeks old. She gave me an extra roo, just in case anything happened, LOL! So excited to watch these babies grow up and start laying :)
Congratulations on getting Cream Legbars!!! It sounds like the flock you have built is pretty Amazing and you just started in April...WOW!!
wee.gif

Love the names you have selected. IT would be so great to see pictures of your babies as they grow....

OH - BTW...this thread was originated to START a Club for Cream Legbars aiming...to improve and protect the breed - and help people interested in the breed...and also to get the Cream Legbar recognized by the American Poultry Association. There is a "cutest chick" contest that ends today...(nothing like a lot of notice). The club has been established...and everyone is welcome to join. Here is a link to the chick contest:
https://sites.google.com/site/creamlegbarclubcontestsite/00-cutest-chick-or-family-photo-contest-00
....and here is a link to the club join-up site:
https://sites.google.com/site/creamlegbarclublaunch/

I'm "plugging" the club ;O) because I think an association of people interested in the breed will be really good for the development, improvement and protection of Cream Legbars--and protect people from Cream Legbars from any unscrupulous individuals who wanted to cash in on their rise in popularity and promote 1/2 Cream Legbars as real Cream Legbars. LOL. And I'm "plugging" the club because meetings are quarterly, and the next quarterly meeting will be July 13, add to that that current dues are 1/2 the normal dues (since 2013 is 1/2 overwith) and so full members can join up for $6. Associate members can join up for free, but don't have voting privileges, or get to attend the meetings, which are held on line...etc. If you like the adventures and the terrors of a 'start up' you should consider joining. (I can tell you are bright and creative - just by your flock names) -- Even if you don't like the adventures and terrors, it is a good time to join...the club just started late last December. I guess I'm also plugging because I'm the club treasurer at present. So - a group of people supporting the breed, quarterly meetings, newsletter, upcoming handbook, contests, a "club house" with easy reference to articles, ideas discussions and archived newsletters and past meeting minutes, and working to get APA acceptance for the breed, half-price dues, meeting in a couple of weeks, what's not to love?
smile.png

Most important...of course, there are some more active threads on BYC than this one where the Cream Legbar folks on BYC tend to hang out:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/459044/the-legbar-thread/4720#post_11533896
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/603454/cream-legbar-pictures/90#post_11472355
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/509483/cream-legbars/1700#post_11536981

Wow -- talk about HOT -- I have a thermometer here that has been registering over the 100's and as high as 117 (when I have been there to look at it) -- It just thundered and dropped 2 or 3 raindrops... we need far more than that. It is becoming a desert on this ranch. Someone sent me a funny cartoon -- Let's see if I can find a link. Okay - no link.... IT shows God sitting in a chair with his back to the oven, and an angel behind Him looking in the oven where there are flames - like a fireplace. The angel says "What are you cooking?" and God says " Texas,.... why?" -- Lost something in my translation -- but was very funny.....

Where did you get your CL's.\? If yours came from the same place I got my original two - you got some really nice birds. Samantha is an excellent breeder of all her breeds.

Well my thunder and 3 raindrops have now gone away -- so I guess the drought is back on for now. :O(

Post some pictures of your chicks in one of those other threads.... I would love to see them.... and consider joining the club today and entering the 'cutest chick' contest.
cheers!

Back
Top Bottom