Cream Legbar Pictures

Pics
And some of their eggs

pale blue I have noticed if the eggs get soiled at all they have a green cast where they are soiled also they can better make the blue shells dependant on what you feed them. I tested this out at one time ot makes a huge. Differance calendula pettles. I am in the process of moving and havent brought over herb yet so she hasnt had any for several months her eggs are more pale because of it.

Think I read somewhere in research about calendula. Also noticed my blue egg layer lays paler eggs as the season progresses. I don't post pics because my camera makes colors brighter than they are in reality so I don't trust posted pics of color - it all depends on the camera, lighting, website post, etc. Just like the pics of Marans or Wellie dark eggs I don't trust the depth of color on them either in pics. Thx 4 your input!

At one time Frank Perdue advertised that his chickens ate marigold petals so the fryers would have a beautiful yellow skin.
smile.png

Also heard it makes the yolks darker too. But my chickens eat plenty of yard greenery so Omega-3 production in their yolks is not a problem for me.

That's interesting about skin color though. Just like humans eating too many carrots makes their skin look orange! That was the problem confessed by Susan Dey the actress on Partridge Family when she went on an all-carrot-only diet to lose weight for the show. Guess you are what you eat!

After viewing all the pics on this thread I think I can pick out my Cream girls but I am having a hard time with my roo. I just can't seem to tell if he's Cream or not :(

Can anyone tell me if my boy is the correct Cream? (He is about 7 months old now) Any other critique of him would be very helpful as well :)

Thanks!
Trish

After viewing all the pics on this thread I think I can pick out my Cream girls but I am having a hard time with my roo. I just can't seem to tell if he's Cream or not :(

Can anyone tell me if my boy is the correct Cream? (He is about 7 months old now) Any other critique of him would be very helpful as well :)

I think he looks great. I think he is cream because his saddle feathers are cream (tinted--not white, not chestnut, not ginger but cream--I think a British breeder was calling is a very pale butter color) and his secondaries (aka wing bay/wing triangle) are a properly barred dark grey without traces of gold. If he were not ig/ig I would expect him to have gold barring there.

Last edited:
I think he looks great. I think he is cream because his saddle feathers are cream (tinted--not white, not chestnut, not ginger but cream--I think a British breeder was calling is a very pale butter color) and his secondaries (aka wing bay/wing triangle) are a properly barred dark grey without traces of gold. If he were not ig/ig I would expect him to have gold barring there.

Thank you so much for your insights! I was having such a hard time figuring it out. Now hopefully I can get some nice Cream girls from him
big_smile.png

Thanks!
Trish

Back
Top Bottom