Cream Legbar Pictures

Pics

I have three legbars but one got camera shy. We rescued them a month ago from auction. They were crawling with lice, vent gleet , but they are much happier now. Not sure on age, but were told they were hatched this year. Can anyone help? When should we expect eggs? Their combs have turned a lovely cherry red lately. I know the lice and vent gleet would have stressed them and delayed laying but we are so excited for blue eggs!!

They might not lay till next spring depending on the weather where you live. Are they squatting for you? That's a big indicator as to when they'll lay.

Thanks Sylvester017-- You are really making me wonder if there is something to the total pigment of the chicken making the eggs darker too?? some chickens are pigment factories and some aren't LOL.....It IS interesting about your Silkies -- and yes, I think glossy eggs look a bit darker than the matte ones.

:O)

I thought it interesting that the article link about colors of eggs also said that certain pigment inhibitors were in some chicken feeds making the brown eggs lighter to almost white. There's just so much to know about chickens that I'm glad I'm not a breeder - LOL! Makes you really appreciate a breeder's job!

From my experience, the dot on the head usually indicates Male. I hatched an egg from an Araucana Roo and a Cuckoo Marans Hen. It also had a white dot on his head. It may not always be the case but it has been for me.

Here he/she is. Judging from the pictures posted previously, it's a boy....could anyone confirm?

Looks like possibly a VERY dark male. It looks a little different to me, I almost wouldn't look at it and say "Hey that's a CL" but I am comparing to the typical light downed males, some flocks do produce dark downed male chicks. The head spot is very tiny though which when I see that I think of one barring gene not two. Do you have a side view of its face? Does your chick source breed CL?

Back
Top Bottom