Cream Legbar Working Group: Standard of Perfection

Really? Legbar x BCM chicks I think would hatch black with white head spots. What color Marans do you use, maybe Wheaten?
I wasn't clear about that. The Legbar x BCM... Back to Legbar. You get the dull stripes, sometime a crest and sometimes feathered feet.

I have one little CLB pullet. She is so tiny! I had to take her out of the coop I had her in with a silkie and EEer that are all 3 months old and put her in with my 1 month old austrlorp, marans and little EEer. The one month old chicks are catching up to her in size. My question is: Are they usuall this tiny? She is eating and drinking and moving around but is very submissive to all the other chicks.

I have one little CLB pullet. She is so tiny! I had to take her out of the coop I had her in with a silkie and EEer that are all 3 months old and put her in with my 1 month old austrlorp, marans and little EEer. The one month old chicks are catching up to her in size. My question is: Are they usuall this tiny? She is eating and drinking and moving around but is very submissive to all the other chicks.

Hmmmm...the one month olds are the same size as a three month old? That does not sound normal. Have you tried worming her and making sure she has enough to eat? Sometimes the submissive ones don't and it's so important these first 4 months.

Hmmmm...the one month olds are the same size as a three month old? That does not sound normal. Have you tried worming her and making sure she has enough to eat? Sometimes the submissive ones don't and it's so important these first 4 months.
as Always good advice from KPenley

I just weighed the 4-week old that I have in the brooder... in fact I think today is her birthday -- and she is just a shade over a half pound.... It's an old fashioned type scale -- so maybe she's 8.6 oz.

The Cream Legbar Club has a chick weight tracking spreadsheet - and I will see what all is entered for the age of your chick - It's by weeks - so post the exact weeks - like maybe 5? or only 3? or is she exactly 4 weeks...

Maybe a photo will help too to see how she is developing. at 4 Weeks here mine have definite little tufts -- but they don't have the wild things yet that they get when they go through their punk-rocker phase.

Posting because I lost power the first time I tried this - and I don't want to retype again................

as Always good advice from KPenley

I just weighed the 4-week old that I have in the brooder... in fact I think today is her birthday -- and she is just a shade over a half pound.... It's an old fashioned type scale -- so maybe she's 8.6 oz.  

The Cream Legbar Club has a chick weight tracking spreadsheet - and I will see what all is entered for the age of your chick - It's by weeks - so post the exact weeks - like maybe 5? or only 3? or is she exactly 4 weeks...

Maybe a photo will help too to see how she is developing.  at 4 Weeks here mine have definite little tufts -- but they don't have the wild things yet that they get when they go through their punk-rocker phase.

Posting because I lost power the first time I tried this - and I don't want to retype again................
I'll get some pictures of her. She is 9 weeks old. Went back and grabbed my incubation sheet from when I was hatching. I only have one chicken bigger than her now. I have one silkie and then the three little babies that still have mostly fluff and are just getting wing and tail feathers. She is fully feathered with a cute little tuff on her head but when I pick her up she is so dainty. I thought maybe my bigger EEer was not letting her eat weekend before last so she has been in with the 4 week olds for the past two week and I noticed that even though she is more spunky in with them but the younger chicks are gaining on her fast. I checked her over really well and don't see any mites or other little bugs and she is having normal formed poop. I have watched her eating and drinking and scratching about. I'll get some pictures of her.

Last edited:
the spreadsheet has 17 entries for 9-week olds -- I will do some more analysis - but around a pound and a half for females and under two pounds -- except for two BIG boys in there for males..

so if she weighs around a pound and a half -- give or take she is doing well -- none were under a pound..except one I entered was just at a pound and she had been very small and didn't feather like her sisters.... HTH

Looking forward to your picture and your weight information on her.

the spreadsheet has 17 entries for 9-week olds -- I will do some more analysis - but around a pound and a half for females and under two pounds -- except for two BIG boys in there for males..

so if she weighs around a pound and a half -- give or take she is doing well -- none were under a pound..except one I entered was just at a pound and she had been very small and didn't feather like her sisters.... HTH 

Looking forward to your picture and your weight information on her.

I don't have a weight on her yet. I have never weighed any of my birds. They all have grown at a rate and to a size I expected before now. I'll see what I can do about weighing her. I gave her brother and sister to a friend so I'll call and see how they are doing as well.

Back
Top Bottom