Cream Legbar Working Group: Standard of Perfection

I am my raising my birds for breeding purposes trying to get close to the SOP Bielefelders and Cream Legbars are not recognized by the APA They told me I can show them at the county and state fairs (Arkansas) but I couldn't win anything
Have a nice evening
Harry

I am my raising my birds for breeding purposes trying to get close to the SOP Bielefelders and Cream Legbars are not recognized by the APA They told me I can show them at the county and state fairs (Arkansas) but I couldn't win anything
Have a nice evening
Harry

You can win, best of breed or best of variety. You cannot win best of show type stuff.

Legbars should be accepted fairly soon. I show mine just to get people to know the breed. You would be amazed how many Legbars I have gotten out here in Minnesota. There are even ads on craigslist of people that bought from me in the past selling them this year,,,For more that sold them for, but I sell them cheaply so more people get them.

I think at the Minnesota Poultry Association show last fall the Legbars were the most talked about and looked at birds there. So winning is not everything with legbars.

I would like to park the chicks I want to keep and would like some ideas about how to mark them.
Leg bands are too big
I do not want to do wing bands

I was thinking of using Blue-Kote Wound Dressing to color their feet, but my husband is worried it will not come off later.

I've used different colored zip ties in a pinch. You can just cut them off when they start to outgrow them and put on new ones without having the fuss with getting bands on.

The cream Legbar chicks I have came from a light blue eggs. I found someone close to me selling cream Legbars from darker blue eggs. I do not want to buy eggs from someone near me but want to know where can I get Cream Legbars that lay the dark blue eggs? Top picture the eggs of someone near me bottom picture the eggs my chicks came from. Thank you

@Shilo7 I find pictures like that to be hard to tell the real color of the eggs in. the blue eggs do not transmit their color well to pictures.

Of the three above which is the most like the blue you want? Assuming we see blues the same way and each of us as the monitor set the same.

Those eggs appear washed and waxed almost and are under a bright light, I suspect there was some enhancing done.

That said most my eggs are closest to the one on the right. The middle seems greenish to me.

duluthralphie, thank you. I like the color on the ends. The rooster this lady has and others in my area have a lot of caramel color. The rooster my chicks come from is close to the standard. I would like the sky blue eggs with chickens that are to standard in looks. I am so thankful for all the help you and Bantambird have given me :)

You're welcome
1f604.png

Back
Top Bottom