Cream Legbars

So this hatched out of an egg I got from a friend marked CL/EE ???

She knows it was a CL hen, but her black Ameraucana Rooster had gotten into the pen, so she wasn't sure who the father was. What do you guys think?

Last edited:
So this hatched out of an egg I got from a friend marked CL/EE ???

She knows it was a CL hen, but her black Ameraucana Rooster had gotten into the pen, so she wasn't sure who the father was. What do you guys think?

The head looks EE to me... Also the legs aren't as yellow as I'd expect on a full CL chick. Looks like you're going to have a cute lil olive egger on your hands.

Last edited:
The head looks EE to me... Also the legs aren't as yellow as I'd expect on a full CL chick. Looks like you're going to have a cute lil olive egger on your hands.

If it was an ameraucana that got into the pen, it would still lay blue eggs. Probably be a cute chick :)

I'm setting my first pure CCL eggs today. They may not ALL be pure since they've only been seperated together for maybe 2 weeks but most should be and they'll all lay blue eggs lol

If it was an ameraucana that got into the pen, it would still lay blue eggs. Probably be a cute chick :)

I'm setting my first pure CCL eggs today. They may not ALL be pure since they've only been seperated together for maybe 2 weeks but most should be and they'll all lay blue eggs lol

Haha silly me! Blue + blue = blue. I'm still leaning toward it being half EE though. I'd love to see how she feathers out nonetheless:)

I ended up crossing a Birchen Marans roo over some Cream Legbar hens because of a fence jumper during breeding season. The hen that resulted ended up crested with an adorable little crest and a body type in between the two breeds. My Marans are a lot more wary of people than the Legbars are, and she seemed to take on the haughty, independent nature of her dad moreso than the Legbar. She lays lovely dark olive green eggs. I sold her to a lady from work who just wanted beautiful birds and eggs. She was a pullet when I sold her, so I should ask what color she became.

@Allkindsofkinds
I like the BCM x CL cross. My BCM roo was blue, and the mixed offspring were solid blue pullets that lay dark olive eggs, usually well over 70 grams.
The BCM roo was actually very friendly, but his olive egger offspring tend to keep a little distance. Sorry to say he died in a bad storm and I'm still working on a replacement.

Here are the darkest and lightest brothers from the brother basket.

The lightest looks pretty typical for cream, the darkest is so different from any CL cockerel I've seen. I've been watching posts to see if anyone has a cockerel with a dark crest like the females get, but your little guy is darker right down to his beak. Thanks for posting picks as they mature.

Back
Top Bottom