Cream Legbars

Your kidding! Mislead by GFF, why that has never happened before
barnie.gif
. I have been told that the eggs were more blue in lines A & B. But that does explain how you were able to get whites. All the research I have done shows most coming from those 2 lines. And the Rees line roosters are just as cantankerous as the others.

On the whites your correct too.

It was not GFF it was the person I got the LB from.. It is very possible she was mislead by GFF. I doubt she would mislead me on purpose.

BTW I own about 40 whites now, they are so beautiful.

Last edited:
You know how they were talking about sexlinked olive eggers before Ralphie? Well.... My Jake got in with the legbars and covered all the girls.

You can see the white head spot on the male here.... Jake is so very naughty!

You know how they were talking about sexlinked olive eggers before Ralphie? Well.... My Jake got in with the legbars and covered all the girls.
You can see the white head spot on the male here.... Jake is so very naughty!

Interesting do you have a picture of Jake? He must have some barred in his background is my guess. BUT then we know I am wrong 90% of the time,,
lau.gif

On the whites your correct too.

It was not GFF it was the person I got the LB from.. It is very possible she was mislead by GFF. I doubt she would mislead me on purpose.

BTW I own about 40 whites now, they are so beautiful.
And you are selling them to me when? :) How did you get the cockerels to carry 2 white genes? And they have no barring as adults? So they are difficult to sex? Not being different colors & all.

And you are selling them to me when? :) How did you get the cockerels to carry 2 white genes? And they have no barring as adults? So they are difficult to sex? Not being different colors & all.

I cannot sex them, Some people claim they can. I think they are fooling themselves.

There is no trick to getting a cockerel to carry both recessive. They are white, just like the hens. I had at least one hen that had the recessive gene. Her son had one copy of the gene. When I breed them They had a 25% chance of having an offspring with the double white recessive.

The whites bred to the whites produce 100% whites. I am still getting whites from my normal flock too. The offspring of the original group (where I got the whites from) have a 75% chance of carrying the white gene. By doing that and breeding some of the cream to a white rooster I can gradually expand my gene pool while keeping my whites.

I so like the whites I can see a time I will not have the coloreds anymore.

I have told the people buying eggs from me there is around a 15% chance of a white chick in my Cream Eggs. I suppose I should have mentioned the chance of those chicks having whites goes up at a pretty high rate.

Okay, who am I kidding, I will never get rid of any breed or variety.. I will just keep them all...
th.gif

I cannot sex them, Some people claim they can. I think they are fooling themselves.

There is no trick to getting a cockerel to carry both recessive. They are white, just like the hens.  I had at least one hen that had the recessive gene. Her son had one copy of the gene. When I breed them They had a 25% chance of having an offspring with the double white recessive.

The whites bred to the whites produce 100% whites.  I am still getting whites from my normal flock too. The offspring of the original group (where I got the whites from)  have a 75% chance of carrying the white gene. By doing that and breeding some of the cream to a white rooster I can gradually expand my gene pool while keeping my whites.

I so like the whites I can see a time I will not have the coloreds anymore.

I have told the people buying eggs from me there is around a 15% chance of a white chick in my Cream Eggs.  I suppose I should have mentioned the chance of those chicks having whites goes up at a pretty high rate. 

Okay, who am I kidding, I will never get rid of any breed or variety.. I will just keep them all...:th

1f602.png
what a revelation at the end! If I had any room I'd be inundated with all the chickens I want and want to breed too.

I have 13 CL eggs due to start hatching today.
I put them in for a test batch.
All 13/13 are fertile.
I will post pictures when they hatch!

It's now day 22 and so far 12 have hatched.
There's one cream legbar egg left but will leave it in for awhile,
I also put in 13 pekin bantam eggs.
1 was infertile and now there is 9 chicks hatched out of them Too!
Hopefully there will be a few chicks in there that I can keep back,
As breeders and to show.

There's some pictures of the pekin bantam and the cream legbars.
They are in an old fish tank for a few days and then they get transferred,
To a big 4x4 box.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom