Creating a new breed

I want to create a Blue Speckled Sussex. (Blue Speckled Sussington??, Sorpington? Sexington?), but my girls need to start laying first! I'll be sure to post pix, but that may be a year down the line.

Hinkjc used as SS roo over black orps (maybe black/split- not sure) to start on jubilee orps. The first generation looked like mottled orps! I'd like to try it with australorps- just to get mottled ones. Don't know if they'd breed true though.

I'd like to do standard mottled cochins too. It would be a "new breed" to me.​

I am considering since I have been unable to find a better and more mature houdan rooster... Crossing my Silver spangled hamburgs to my Mottled Houdans. Would be a interesting cross.

S&SPoultryExchange :

I am planning to cross turkens and a polish. Then have Pulkens!!

if you can make that work, OMG ill take 10 XD​

Quote:
Interesting.
clap.gif
Where are you heading with this cross?

Quote:
Hinkjc used as SS roo over black orps (maybe black/split- not sure) to start on jubilee orps. The first generation looked like mottled orps! I'd like to try it with australorps- just to get mottled ones. Don't know if they'd breed true though.

I'd like to do standard mottled cochins too. It would be a "new breed" to me.

I remember she was working on a Jubilee Orp, but didnt' realize it was pretty much the same thing I want to do. I have a blue Orp roo to put over SS hens. I am really after the speckled blue color, though that may be pretty hard to accomplish. I just really like the personality and speckles of the SS, and the size and color of the blue orp. My little breeding project is going to be very small, and mostly just for fun.

I'd like to try it with australorps- just to get mottled ones. Don't know if they'd breed true though.

My mottled orps should be just about ready next year if you'd like a jump start on them.
wink.png
These are not from the Speckled breeding, but a separate project.​

Id like crested japanese batams, crested call ducks, cooler colors in silikes and showgirls and the poilsh/turken batam cross. And crested longtailed chicken

I'm going to be putting a Blue Ameraucana over a Salmon Fav... just for fun, and a BIG Partridge Cochin roo over a Buff Orpington. We'll see what I get...

Back
Top Bottom