Creative Coop Names

Pics
We are calling ours Fort Cluck since it is built rather over the top for protection. Our neighbor was curious as to what we were up to...he thinks we are nuts but likes the chickens.
love.gif

The girls got moved in and seem to like it well enough.
wee.gif

We converted a shed (8x8), adding linoleum flooring, windows with hardware cloth and screening, pop door, and a 200 sq ft run with roof. I really should take some pictures.
They have been in for only 2 days but so far have put themselves to bed and even used the new roost.
yippiechickie.gif

Six little girls 7 weeks old. Two each of easter eggers, California white, and Austrolorp.

We are very happy with them and I think they are rather happy as well.
jumpy.gif

lol shhh Don't tell the city either. It is supposed to only be 120 sq ft maximum. That would have made the landscaping I have rather awkward. I figure if they say anything I will just add a divider and say "Oh that section? That is for my bunny. What bunny? Oh I am just waiting for the perfect one to come along."
lau.gif

Well, after spending the winter months combing through many threads on BYC, I finally came across "what do you like best about your coop?"

Then on March 1st, still fighting frost and lots more snow to come, I began to build "Le Palais de Poulet" and it is etched into the window on the "dutch" door that a buddy gave me. The girls move in today. Anyone living in the inland northwest knows what a spring we've had. (WET). But it's all but finished, and I've had to prioritize needs because the fifteen girls were starting to be "assertive" with each other. (One needs a bigger box than a dishwasher comes in for 15, six week old chickens.)(silver wynadots) (I think) The coop has everything incorporated into it that was on the thread I mentioned before. Still to come are: piped water and a fence for the run.

Speaking of run, I've been on a dead run for three months. Some days i get rained out, some days I actually have to run my business, and some days I waste a lot of time having to tear apart something I've done wrong, or re-considered.

I wonder if I'll ever really be done.
fl.gif

I see we're not the only ones with a chicken tractor called "Coop de Grass." Hard to be original. My friend down the road has Cluckingham Palace, which I think wins the prize! Also, she has her ducks in the Quacker Box!

Our first chicken tractor is the Coupe de Poop.

Back
Top Bottom