Creative Coop Names

Pics
Mine is called "Lay Inn" - I wanted it to inspire my hens!!
lau.gif

I'm trying to decide. I have about 30 chickens but four of them have Once Upon a Time themed names. Regina, Snow White, Emma, and Belle. For that reason alone, I'm thinking about "StoryCluck". I have seven Augsburgers that I could name after the seven dwarves!! In addition, I have Copper and Silver so I could do "The Egg Mine". Humm... The choices...

Yes we decided right off that one coop wouldn't be enough, we figured if one got sick or hurt we didn't want to be in a panic wondering where we would put them to keep them away fro the other chickens, AND it works great for keeping our chicken supplies. If need be we can divide the run, but hopefully none of them will get sick or injured. The small one is a purina coop large enough for 6-8 chickens, the larger will hold up to 16. We are thinking about getting one of the electric poultry fences http://www.amazon.com/Powerfields-P...069979&sr=8-3&keywords=electric+poultry+fence
As there was a fox in the yard today eating a rabbit! Now I'm a nervous Nelly
I'd definitely install the electric fence. A fox killed one of my first 4 hens last Sept. In spite of all the info that indicates that they come out at dawn and dusk, this happened at 3pm right at my front door. I was screaming bloody murder and he didn't even flinch as he tore past me and the other 3 hens. And I even have 3 65# dogs.

BTW; I also have two coops in need of names. All my 23 hens have flower names and they live in the forest 100 feet from the ocean. Any ideas? Little Chick Inn By the Sea Waters Edge Chick Inn Oceanside Chick Inn.................

My most recent batch of rescues include 8 bantams who are constantly over-reacting and screeching if another hen even looks at them. It's a tad annoying. Perhaps Screech Inn By the Water.

I'm trying to decide. I have about 30 chickens but four of them have Once Upon a Time themed names. Regina, Snow White, Emma, and Belle. For that reason alone, I'm thinking about "StoryCluck". I have seven Augsburgers that I could name after the seven dwarves!! In addition, I have Copper and Silver so I could do "The Egg Mine". Humm... The choices...
Fairy Tale Flats?

Back
Top Bottom