Creative Coop Names

Pics
:) the Hen Den

I've not read the entire thread, but 'Palatium Pallorum' is going to be the name for ours when it's done (loosely Latin for 'The Palace of the Chickens') :)

Last edited:
Found this thread when looking for a cute name for our new cargo trailer conversion coop. The chicken trailer will follow behind our heifers who are rotated weekly to fresh pasture. So maybe something traveling, wagon, circus, gypsy, hobo, trucking....

Our goose shelter is the "Little Goose Coop" (little deuce coup).

One of the grazing fields is on a big hill, so it's called Hamburger Hill.

This was fun to read through! We're building our coop right now and I hadn't thought of naming it but now I think I'm going to call it The White House. First, all our pets have patriotic/Americana names (we've used Sam, Stars, Stripes, Colors, Patriot, Glory, Liberty) and we're going to name our hens for famous American women from history (Martha, Harriet, Susan, Rosie, etc). Plus we are painting the coop all white.

My son, who is 8,  hatched chickens in his class for "The Cycle of Life" study.  We volunteerd to bring home 4 of the chicks and turn our aviary that was not being used into a coop.  This is our first time with chickens and we are not sure what breed they are but so far they are very sweet.  They are six weeks old this week and we are worried that 2 of them may be roos. My son has named the chicks "Drumstick", "Omelet", "Eggy" and "Scrambles".  I told him to pick a name for the coop and he choose "In N Out Chicken" after his favorite burger place.  This has been such an enlightening website that is filled with good information and great people.  I am glad to be a part of it.

That's how we got into it, too! My eldest is in 1st great this year, and we ended up with two.. then chicken math happened and now we have 8! I had dreamed of homesteading, so this is a good start!
I have come to love the community here at BYC! It is so resourceful and encouraging! Congrats!

Back
Top Bottom