Creative Coop Names

Pics
Quote:
Hi,
frow.gif

Could you post some pics? I have a little tykes I'm working on to make into a coop.
love.gif
Love to see how yours turned out! I'm painting mine pink and trying to put a porch on it.
big_smile.png
I'll post mine when I get it completed! It's the Playboy Mansion!
My d'uccle roo is named Hef.
wink.png
He loves his ladies!
gig.gif

Thanks,
thumbsup.gif

Paula

I am just starting out too. Just picked up 5 Australorp chicks on Sunday. They will be 3 weeks old this Wednesday. Already planned the coop design from the wonderful index supplied here. The thunderstorms this week have put a damper (no pun intended) on getting started on the build. I haven't even thought of a name for the coop, but there are plenty of good ideas on here. I let my kids name the chicks.
smile.png
Where I live there are predators everywhere. Does anyone have a suggestion on how far away to place the coop from the house. I have 3 acres, 1.5 wooded, and 1 neighbor. thx

Re: Predators - build your night coop like a tank! And be sure you get them in before dark every night - I set my cell phone alarm so I hear it wherever I am. I read somewhere on this board that if you can't hear your chickens when you're in the house, use a baby monitor. As soon as I get a chance I'm going to get one, b/c even though they're sometimes quite close (movable pen) I can't hear a thing inside. Good luck - you'll become mega-attached!

Quote:
lau.gif
What are you going to do when he comes over and wants to borrow your tools? Give him a chicken???

And yes, I remember that movie. It one of my favs. My rooster is named Rocky and my hen is Ginger! My next hen will be Babs. Right now, she is on HOLIDAY knitting posters!

Back
Top Bottom