Crele Bantam Cochin Project

Should be rudimentary Crele. Pullets likely to be too dark, leaning to barred. Roos will show lots of red in neck and saddle, but again too dark for true crele. Would be interesting to work with though. Partridge is as close as you can get with ABA recognized varieties to the correct base color (BB Red). You will need to get rid of the laced gene and some of the mahogany. I'm working on Crele from Barred and Wheaten. I know they will be too light but I can always breed them darker. I just had the Wheaten (nearly ready for showing) and was ready for another project.

I thought I had a crew, but now I think he's a barred partridge. I need to get him some more Cochin hens, what colors should I cross him with to keep throw colored chicks, specifically pretty pullets. He has a partridge and a blue mottled hen plus some silkies already.

IMG_0885.JPG
Here is flame, my red barred bantam Cochin. I also have a crele project male I'm taking back to my girls and a crele project pullet I'll be taking back to Flame. Is anyone else from this thread's past still working on crele, or is anyone new working on them?

I have some youngsters growing up now and am waiting to see how the next generation looks. I got my red barred birds from Amy Phillips who has beautiful bantam Cochins in some less common colors. I hope to have some double barred and possibly some crele by next spring.

Back
Top Bottom