Gunna pair this girl with the boy I posted earlier as the main breeders for 2022, I'll probably only save eggs from her and use the rest of the flock to hatch and sell the chicks. Both have one copy of Mb and 1 copy of yellow skin, but this girl has a lot of good and is still young so hopin she keeps filling out well. 🤞🤞 cheers
She’s a pretty girl!! I love the barring so much, it’s really pretty. I’m quite sure I will need one of these someday! 😁

Very interesting! I'm considering something similar but it wouldn't be an ameraucana when I was done.

I don't know how many you've worked through yet. How is it going with the chicks so far for being able to sex them?
I have to get them back to all partridge based with barring, and the males have to be double barred before theyre sexable. Right now I only have a single barred male and single barred females, so i can only sex the double barred male offspring so far. After this spring I'll grow out a good amount of crele females and double barred males. So hopefully spring of 2023 I'll have a nice little flock of pure creles, should be sexable from then on out besides the occassional recessive whites that pop out 👍

Last edited:
His type is def better than his dads, Im startin to think hes not a barred split to partridge but actually a single barred crele like his dad, but his wingbow is just very faint. He had the crele chick down so I shouldnt have assumed he was a leaky barred from the beginning.. maybe he'll throw a nice clean chested son with a nice wingbow. Ima pair him mainly with the pullet from my last update post and see what I get. His brothers had nice wingbows but they all had way too much red in their chest and body, he has a little in his chest but its headed in the right direction.

Attachments

• 20211103_160540.jpg
    20211103_160540.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 13
Thought Id drop a monthly review of this years growouts. The rooster and middle hen will be my main breeeing pair in spring.

Now the hen on right.. I might keep some of her kids that have white skin. Half will be yellow skin and half will carry 1 copy for yellow skin, the rooster carries 1 copy. They also must have 1 copy of Mb so they express muffs to make the cut. Hen is clean faced and rooster has 1 copy. She's a big girl so I really want to keep a few daughters from her just to keep some large genetics in the genepool. She holds her tail low but I can look past that 😊

I think you can see their mom/aunt in the background. And in the 2nd pic My big boy keeps on filling out 🙃 Cheers

Attachments

• 20211127_145748(0).jpg
    20211127_145748(0).jpg
    650.8 KB · Views: 9
  • 20211128_180631.jpg
    20211128_180631.jpg
    723.7 KB · Views: 10
Thought Id drop a monthly review of this years growouts. The rooster and middle hen will be my main breeeing pair in spring.

Now the hen on right.. I might keep some of her kids that have white skin. Half will be yellow skin and half will carry 1 copy for yellow skin, the rooster carries 1 copy. They also must have 1 copy of Mb so they express muffs to make the cut. Hen is clean faced and rooster has 1 copy. She's a big girl so I really want to keep a few daughters from her just to keep some large genetics in the genepool. She holds her tail low but I can look past that 😊

I think you can see their mom/aunt in the background. And in the 2nd pic My big boy keeps on filling out 🙃 Cheers
They’re so pretty! Looking really good!! Someday when I have more property I will definitely need to have a crele rooster. They are just stunning birds! 😍😍

They’re so pretty! Looking really good!! Someday when I have more property I will definitely need to have a crele rooster. They are just stunning birds! 😍😍
Thank you! Ive always loved crele ever since I saw a crele oegb at a chicken show! I like just about any crele bird Ive seen, the pattern really pops! Hope you get more property someday and can spread your chicken empire 🤟🤟

Hen might actually be Mb/Mb just not as large of a beard as Ive seen on my other pure Mb birds. I'll know forsure in the spring. The rooster's comb just gets worse every month haha but the pullet has a nice tight comb so hoping to get some nice double barred creles from this pair. I debate using my oversized typiest silvers in the line or wait and outsource some large fowl silvers. The biggest downside would be my silver bantams have combs that resemble straight combs and its extremely hard to remove from a line.

Attachments

• 20211218_143010.jpg
    20211218_143010.jpg
    626.6 KB · Views: 8
  • 20211218_143127.jpg
    20211218_143127.jpg
    613 KB · Views: 6
  • 20211219_100539.jpg
    20211219_100539.jpg
    805.3 KB · Views: 9

Back
Top Bottom