Critical breeds list

I have Bantam Salmon Faverolles, I sell eggs and I have been hatching eggs for people upon request. These are a wonderful breed. These little ones carry weight well and have personality plus. My rooster is the most gentle of all my chickens.
FaverollesSept06-1.jpg

Someday, when the time and energy presents its self, I would love to have a true endangered breed. I have a Golden Campine Cockerel. While Campines are on the endangered list, he came from a hatchery and I could have bought 100 of him had I so desired. He may be my beautiful boy, but I know it will take more than a run of the mill hatchery bird to save the world (or the breed if you will).
smile.png

Sigmund20080323064000.jpg

Andalusian-check
big_smile.png

Aseel-Check
big_smile.png

Buckeye
Buttercup-Check
big_smile.png

Campine
Catalana
Chantecler
Crevecoeur
Delaware
Faverolle-Check-Bantam
big_smile.png

Holland
Houdan-1 rooster.
gig.gif

Java
LaFleche
Malay
Nankin
Redcap
Russian Orloff-Check
big_smile.png

Spanish
Sumatra

As well as SEVERAL other breeds.
lol.png

Last edited:
I have standard Salmon Favs. I have two adult females who are laying, but they are pet quality. And I have 4 chicks, (3 male and 1 female) and I have 14 eggs in the bator. I really want to start breeding them. I love, love, love their looks and their personalities are the greatest, IMO.

I have 2 sumatra's
big_smile.png
there's the pic of them when I first got them... they are now 7 months old. Smokeetta (pullet) just started to lay eggs almost a month ago! Now she is miss bully!! The other, Smokey, I "thought" was a Roo... but not sure now..?? It is a bit smaller than Smokeetta, now I have them with my silkies and they all get along except Smokeetta is trying to run things.. but my buff and partridge silkies aren't having it with them.... they peck her and put her in her place...I have a young silkie roo who I just noticed that she likes to pick on now... not just the other Smokey... Sooo I was hoping that Smokey is a Roo... I will wait a lil bit longer to see if not then I think I may sell them... I can't have Smokeetta disturbing the peace on my silkie side... I would put her with my layers.... but she always.... finds a way back into the other side... She is the sweetest thing with my daughter and I... she likes to hop on my shoulder, sit on our laps, be held and have her head petted...but just so darn bad with Smokey and the lil roo... She has till my new silkies hatch and are ready to go out with the other silkies to get her act straight... or off I think she will go...
sad.png
And I really wish that Smokey would let me know if it is a girl or boy...lol

Does it count as "critical" or "endangered" if it's not even accepted by the APA?
tongue.png

I'm thinking seriously about getting a few gold brabanters. They really appeal to me!

You can find La Fleche from Ideal and Sandhill. That's where I got mine. I know people breed them around here, I've seen them at local shows, but no one seems to eager to share their stock.
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom