Critically Endangered Breeds!

NFLC @learycow has Anconas and she is in the eastern part of the USA

Miss Lydia, you are such an enabler, lol.

I like the Indian Runners too but haven't decided 100% yet. Part of what will help me decide is how hard is it to get the ones I go with.

Thanks for giving me a name!

I'm from louisiana and found my Ancona's on craigslist BUT there are a few hatcheries online that will ship you eggs, chicks, and adults. :) There are also egg sellers on ebay but only buy from a reputable seller. Same goes with a lot of the other heritage breeds too. :)

Miss Lydia, you are such an enabler, lol.

I like the Indian Runners too but haven't decided 100% yet. Part of what will help me decide is how hard is it to get the ones I go with.

Thanks for giving me a name!
Glad to enable I mean help
smile.png

I have Anconas and Swedish ducks. I love both of them, but I adore my Anconas! Their black feathers actually shine green, blue and purple in the sun. They are the braver ducks in my little flock. I got them from The Rare Bird Farm in AZ. Dr. Catalin (who is also an avian vet) was super nice and told me all about how he cares for them! I recommend him whole heartedly if you want some eggs or birds :) Ruger found some mud and sat in it right before the picture. Lol!
These are my duck babies Pongo, Perdita, Baluoo and Ruger.

Last edited:
Abacot Ranger, Ancona, Australian Spotted, Bali, Aylesbury, Appleyard, Dutch Hookbill, Magpie, Rouen Clair, Saxony, Silver Bantam, and Welsh Harlequin are all endangered or rare.

Your link worked fine (but my Quote of your thread didn't, lol).

I have Anconas and Swedish ducks. I love both of them, but I adore my Anconas! Their black feathers actually shine green, blue and purple in the sun. They are the braver ducks in my little flock. I got them from The Rare Bird Farm in AZ. Dr. Catalin (who is also an avian vet) was super nice and told me all about how he cares for them! I recommend him whole heartedly if you want some eggs or birds
smile.png
Ruger found some mud and sat in it right before the picture. Lol!
These are my duck babies Pongo, Perdita, Baluoo and Ruger.
They are so pretty!

Back
Top Bottom