Critique my silkies? What do you think?

Smoky73

Lyon Master
16 Years
Feb 8, 2007
Colorado
Here is my boy, I hope he figures out what a hen is soon!

3-2.jpg

3-3.jpg

3-5.jpg

3-6.jpg

3-9.jpg

And a buff boy, while he isnt the best, the girls make up for his faults I think.

3-8.jpg

3-7.jpg

3-12.jpg

3-11.jpg

3-10.jpg

3-16.jpg

3-14.jpg

3-13.jpg

Last edited:
What a nice carriage he has==is that typical of silkie chooks, or is he just particularly "strutty"?

lol.png

Beautiful a gazillion times!!!
ya.gif
I remember when I was young I had a pair of white silkies. They were so nice and gentle. One day we were going to have show and tell at school, so I asked the teacher if I could bring them. She agreed, so my mother and I bathed them with baby shampoo and powdered those white birds in baby powder. ha,ha. Mother painted their toe nails red and put red ribbons on the hens head.
pop.gif
Talking about cute......they were.
yippiechickie.gif
I think the entire school had to have a look at them once I got to school. Silkies are so beautifully captivating. I know you enjoy them.......bunches!
frow.gif

Last edited:
Well, the rooster is certainly different than any other I have and yeah, I can sneak up on any of them, I think they find the girls by scent LOL, just kidding. The strutty one bit me HARD one day. I picked him up and apparently he thought I was evil or something. I believe I need a name that suits him.

Wowowowowow!!! Those birds are GORGEOUS!!! Have you shown any of them, yet? You would do fantastic (IMO) with the splash boy, the buff girls and the white boy AND girls. They are just fantastic. Wow.

Do you sell any eggs from them? I totally want to get on your list to buy some if I can afford it! hehe

Asher, they are going to their first show in May. All the ones shown except for the Buff boy, because of the black in his tail.

I would be already selling eggs, except for the fact that none of the 2 pullets in the pen with the nice splash are laying, and one of the whites hasnt ever laid yet either. I had another hen in with the splash who was laying, but she has decided that she doesnt like him and jumps over the divider to be with the other splash rooster and the off color splash hen. The other roo you can also see in one of the outside pics... LOL.

The buffs will have been together 4 weeks on Sunday and I plan on setting every egg I can get from them at that time. Then I will have buff eggs and at least a few whites for sale probably if you are interested. And I am not really expensive, this is just fun for me. I only usually charge like $12.00 for a dozen then add in shipping, usually about $8.

Keep your fingers crossed I start getting eggs from the girls with the splash boy!!

Okay, sounds great.
smile.png
Although the splash are beautiful, the buffs and the whites are what I REALLY like out of them so I wouldn't mind just getting those.

Could you possibly e-mail me when you have them for sale, if that's not too much to ask? I can send instant Pay Pal or can get a money order out now if you don't take Pay Pal (so you could send them when they're ready).

Just let me know. Thanks so much.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom