Feels like my BO won't stop growing!

BubbaBubbles

Songster
May 14, 2023
Virginia
I'm genuinely wondering how large Orpingtons are supposed to be. Sunny will be 1 year old soon. And he's MASSIVE and I swear he just keeps growing! We don't know his exact weight since he's hard to catch but in the rare instances we've grabbed hold, he is HEAVY! Anyone else have a massive Orpington??? What are they like, behavior-wise? Also, if he somehow has exceeded what most Orps grow up to, what would you say could be the reason behind his massive growth? He basically reaches just below my hips and I'm 5'4''. This isn't a complaint, as he's a wonderful boy but good lord, do all Orpingtons get this size?! I've got people saying he's a dinosaur! 😂 I've never had a rooster reach his size!
1707403745750.png

1707403882815.png

1707403908442.png
1707403918060.png

Wow that's a big boy. My Buff Orpington rooster Caleb is like that and he weighs probably 13 pounds and he's only 10 months old. I'm really wowed by his growth.
Sadly though, Caleb is blind in one eye and is loosing sight in his other eye by the looks of it - he was born that way. So we are putting him down. 😥
Hopefully your rooster stops growing! lol 🤣 He is beautiful! 😍

Wow that's a big boy. My Buff Orpington rooster Caleb is like that and he weighs probably 13 pounds and he's only 10 months old. I'm really wowed by his growth.
Sadly though, Caleb is blind in one eye and is loosing sight in his other eye by the looks of it - he was born that way. So we are putting him down. 😥
Hopefully your rooster stops growing! lol 🤣 He is beautiful! 😍
I’m sorry you have to put him down. 😞

Back
Top Bottom