Rooster won't stop mounting duck

I know I sound horrible but the kicking is just an in-the-moment reaction and extremely brief. I'm autistic so I do struggle heavily with my emotions. I love Sunny dearly but I just can't stand seeing my ducks being assaulted by him. But I did think of putting him with the other flock next to them since he's intimidated by the head hen and roo. At least until I can get another hen for him.
I understand, a lot of people do kick their roosters when they are misbehaving (such as trying to spur you) but not the way it sounds. More like a gentle but firm kick to tell the rooster to back off or simply a kick at him, not actually kicking him.
I hope all goes well with him and that you can get him more hens! 😊 💚

I understand, a lot of people do kick their roosters when they are misbehaving (such as trying to spur you) but not the way it sounds. More like a gentle but firm kick to tell the rooster to back off or simply a kick at him, not actually kicking him.
I hope all goes well with him and that you can get him more hens! 😊 💚
Thank you. It hurt seeing people mention ''abuse'' when I do not do that. I raise my birds as humanely as possible and have a strong bond with them. Clapping my hands doesn't work and I don't always have the water hose on me to scare him with, it's the only thing I can think to do. Bubbles is also a disabled duck with arthritis (on treatment) so it's even more unfair for him to bully her in such a way.

Thank you. It hurt seeing people mention ''abuse'' when I do not do that. I raise my birds as humanely as possible and have a strong bond with them. Clapping my hands doesn't work and I don't always have the water hose on me to scare him with, it's the only thing I can think to do. Bubbles is also a disabled duck with arthritis (on treatment) so it's even more unfair for him to bully her in such a way.
I totally understand. My roosters try to spur me a lot and I have to spray them with the hose sometimes, or kick at them. I still love them so much no matter what. 💚

I'm so sorry everyone I should've clarified. I kick AT him. I do not actually punt him or anything like that. It's just a way to get him to run off. I love my birds more than anything and I would never hurt them.
Don't worry, everyone knows what aggressive roosters do and everyone knows what it takes to keep yourself safe from bites and salmonella covered scratches. Us responsible ones use our size advantage and kicking gestures to keep us safe and nobody should guilt you for that.

Don't worry, everyone knows what aggressive roosters do and everyone knows what it takes to keep yourself safe from bites and salmonella covered scratches. Us responsible ones use our size advantage and kicking gestures to keep us safe and nobody should guilt you for that.
They say he won't learn from it, but that's exactly how every rooster learns his hierarchy amongst others.

OK. This sounds ridiculous and far fetched, but we did it and my daughters giant Lavender Orpington roo stopped attacking them. Except her husband, he refused and the roo continued attacking him.

Mount the rooster. No joke. Grab that bird, squat on the ground and stick him between your legs. Reach around and fluff his chicken booty.

OK. This sounds ridiculous and far fetched, but we did it and my daughters giant Lavender Orpington roo stopped attacking them. Except her husband, he refused and the roo continued attacking him.

Mount the rooster. No joke. Grab that bird, squat on the ground and stick him between your legs. Reach around and fluff his chicken booty.
I believe it.

Back
Top Bottom