Will my rooster be okay with the switch?

JulietsMomma

Chirping
Mar 24, 2023
I have a jerk of a rooster but he’s a really good protector and we are working with him so he gets to stay…for now. Here’s my question, I have had him with 5 hens but he has massively outgrown them and is now hurting them when trying to mate. I decided to take my other rooster who is around the same size as the hens and put him in with them. I then took my other rooster and put him in with ladies his own size.

He’s getting picked on a little by a couple hens but my worry is will the hens hurt him? They haven’t so far but I don’t want anything to happen to him. He’s a golden laced polish frizzle so he’s got a lot going on.

He does have a lot going against him, but he'll probably be fine. It might be some time before he wins over the hens, but it should work out in the end. Keep an eye on things, if he's the only crested bird in the flock, his crest might be the first thing to suffer pecks from the hens

He does have a lot going against him, but he'll probably be fine. It might be some time before he wins over the hens, but it should work out in the end. Keep an eye on things, if he's the only crested bird in the flock, his crest might be the first thing to suffer pecks from the hens
He’s in with crested cream legbars and marans. Sorry, I should have included that. It’s two of the legbars that currently have issues with him but the others seems fine for the most part.

Back
Top Bottom