Crooked toes - how old to too late to treat?

I'm very interested to see if you're able to straighten out their toes. About half of my welsummer chicks which are 2 weeks old developed crooked toes at about 5 days old. Their parents which I bought as chicks last year developed crooked toes too. I also have Easter eggers and black sexlinks that hatched at the same time and don't have the crooked toes so I think it's genetic? I haven't tried splints yet.

I found paper taped toes to work great. Tape where the adhesive isnt strong like a bandaid.

Just change the tape regularly. I say not strong adhesive because you don't want to tear their little scales off while changing. Hope this helps.

Hello all, I'm hoping u can help us. We just took on a 3 month (approx) chick from a Freind of a coworker whom had her raised from a chick in there home.
She is very sweet and personable however doesn't walk well due to her crooked toes. I read the above suggestions and am willing to try the cardboard suggestion! However how long do u keep trying to straighten them out and does it truly work? Looking forward to hearing back! Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom