Cross Breeds!!!!

So I have this little cross bred chick. Unsure of parents, most likely one of my australorps or easteregger girls under one of my red roos? But... I'm wondering if this chick will turn out blue instead of black?
20200110_141437.jpg
20200110_141451.jpg

Also could have been my one BLRW girls chick but... Guess I won't know.

So I have this little cross bred chick. Unsure of parents, most likely one of my australorps or easteregger girls under one of my red roos? But... I'm wondering if this chick will turn out blue instead of black?
View attachment 2000081 View attachment 2000083
Also could have been my one BLRW girls chick but... Guess I won't know.
I don't think that chick is blue. If you want blue chicks really badly you should get a splash, since splash x black will give 100% blue offspring.

I don't think that chick is blue. If you want blue chicks really badly you should get a splash, since splash x black will give 100% blue offspring.
I didn't think so either. I did get some blue chicks from the hatch but this one is confusing me a bit. I was pretty sure this one was black when born, but I've been wrong before! I am currently raising a splash cockerel but he's still pretty young.. Soon though!

Does anybody have these cross breeds?

Barred Rock Rooster mixed with:

Chocolate Orpington
Cuckoo Maran
Speckled Sussex
Buff Amerucana
White Amerucana
White Leghorn
White Silkie
Buff Cochin
Blue Cochin
White Cochin
Rhode Island Red

Barred Rock Bantam Rooster mixed with:

Buff Orpington Bantam
Rhode Island Red Bantam
Easter Egger Bantam

Buff Orpington Rooster mixed with:

Rhode Island White
Cuckoo Maran
White Leghorn
White Silkie
White Amerucana

Buff Orpington Bantam Rooster mixed with:

Rhode Island Red Bantam
Easter Egger Bantam
Barred Rock Bantam

What about a Black Sex Link Bantam (aka Rhode Island Red Bantam X Barred Rock Bantam)

20200409_164120.jpg This is Estrella. Her father was an Araucona and her mother was a white leghorn. She's four now and lays almost sphere like eggs. See picture below compared to a normal bantam egg. 20200409_162410.jpg

20200410_194210.jpg The black boy there is Estrella's half brother. They have the same dad but his mother was a bantam splash Cochin so he's got shorter legs and wings than a standard but his body is a standard's size (no flying for him). His legs are also somewhat feathered. They're at that awkward too feathered to be clean legged but too light to be a pretty featherlegged.

The eggs between him and the Phoenix hen pictured are incubating now and should be hatched by May

Back
Top Bottom