Crossed legs and curled toes

syds94

In the Brooder
Sep 16, 2022
I have a 1-2 day old chick with curled toe paralysis I think, but I’m not sure if there’s another problem with her legs. I isolated her and made her little sandals to straighten out her toes, but she still can’t walk by herself. She can’t even really stand up. When she tries to walk her feet cross, almost like she’s extremely pigeon-toed. You can see in the picture that she sits with her left foot on top of the right, and that’s how she tried to walk too. Online I see pictures of chicks with curled toe paralysis who are able to stand and walk, though not well, but mine isn’t able to at all. Does this sound like just an extreme case or like there’s something wrong with her legs too?

Attachments

• 7BBA9501-5101-4DEE-A1E3-7F3BCA5122D2.png
    7BBA9501-5101-4DEE-A1E3-7F3BCA5122D2.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 29
  • FE7B9D40-DA52-4C86-B31E-F4F37AB93FD9.png
    FE7B9D40-DA52-4C86-B31E-F4F37AB93FD9.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 7
Hmm, I've never seen crossed legs before.
Sometimes vitamin therapy works miracles, give her 400. I.u vitamin E and a sliver of a B complex tablet every day for a few weeks.

I gave her 1 cc poultry cell today via syringe and she was dead a few hours later. Did I give her too much and cause iron toxicity??? I hope it was natural and I didn’t cause it!

I gave her 1 cc poultry cell today via syringe and she was dead a few hours later. Did I give her too much and cause iron toxicity??? I hope it was natural and I didn’t cause it!
Sorry to hear

If it was anything related to the syringe, it would have most likely aspirated her opposed to anything from what you have her that quickly.

agree with last poster, I try to avoid syringes and chicks for this reason. You can usually get them what they need with drops from your finger to their beak - and still need to be careful there.

Back
Top Bottom