Crossing white chinese gander with brown chinese goose will give me what?

Hello, I see this is an old thread. I got here by searching for this particular cross. Our geese are a white chinese male and a brown chinese female. Our third goose is hatching in the incubator from these parents right now and we are all excited! So far they are all mostly dark, the one that just hatched is almost black. I want to make sure I understand this correctly. Since our female was brown, this means if the offspring is brown they are female? Thanks.

Hello, I see this is an old thread. I got here by searching for this particular cross. Our geese are a white chinese male and a brown chinese female. Our third goose is hatching in the incubator from these parents right now and we are all excited! So far they are all mostly dark, the one that just hatched is almost black.  I want to make sure I understand this correctly. Since our female was brown, this means if the offspring is brown they are female? Thanks.

Not really, i had 4 dark goslings from my cross of brown and white chinese. The goslings were full siblings. They turned out to be two ganders and two females.

I have a white and a brown Chinese I got from an old lady. Was told that they were a pair but recent events make me think 2 goose no gander. Anyone here who can put my doubts to rest?

When I say recent events I mean I keep finding new nests with the white sitting on single egg.

Last edited:
I have a white and a brown Chinese I got from an old lady. Was told that they were a pair but recent events make me think 2 goose no gander. Anyone here who can put my doubts to rest?

When I say recent events I mean I keep finding new nests with the white sitting on single egg.

The white one is a gander. In the last pic he is mating with the brown. Sometimes a gander will sit on a nest for a bit.

Back
Top Bottom