Crow collar- need help getting it right : (

Do roosters this age (around 4 months) crow a lot more than they will in future? Like they're just trying to master it right now? He doesn't even sound like he's crowing...he's just screaming lmao.. maybe its a Campine thing. Been crowing since 2 months old

So we have a Silver Campine cockerel (smallish-medium breed) about 4 months old and we bought that one very popular crow collar on Etsy, but I can't seem to get it on him right. He keeps taking it off after hours of pecking the front/side of it lol. I think maybe i put it on too loose?
He is able to turn it around the neck quite a bit after messing with it (which makes the wide big part of the collar that's supposed to be in the front of neck move to the sides) but I believe the instructions said that I should be able to stick a finger in between, so I put it on to where i can snuggly fit my pinky in :/
His front/side neck feathers don't cover the collar much I guess because his breed has hen feathering for the roosters. Anyone please have any helpful advice/tips? Really appreciate it 😮‍💨
Also I did get the collar in "standard" size, maybe its too big too? He's not a bantam by any means though. It covers a lot of his neck space.. but since I had it "pinkyfinger-loose" it kind of slides down to the bottom of his neck
I use the “no crow” collars on two roosters and they work great. They are vented and tested for comfort, they do not choke them and they got used to them after a day or two. The trick is to get as many feathers out from the top, as that is what holds it in place. Adjusted properly you will be able to get the tip of your pinky between it and their throat.

I use the “no crow” collars on two roosters and they work great. They are vented and tested for comfort, they do not choke them and they got used to them after a day or two. The trick is to get as many feathers out from the top, as that is what holds it in place. Adjusted properly you will be able to get the tip of your pinky between it and their throat.
How often do you find yourself having to readjust? I haven’t seen a vented kind, curious to see what you’re using.

Cochin bantams make awesome roosters and are an ornamental breed because they're so beautiful.Many people keep them inside as pets.If you HAD to have a rooster he'd be easy to keep inside at night in a dog crate
My indoor pet rooster “Jaffar“
Bantam Cochin
AB5A6960-ED58-4B34-AFCA-25B8A9DFB8E1.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom