Crowing and odd eggs

MountainMomma359

Songster
Apr 14, 2022
I have a ~3 year old EE that I has recently crowed a few times. The past couple weeks she is laying less, and her last 2 eggs were not normal. A fairy egg, then a shell-less egg. Do I need to worry?😔 I'm afraid she has a reproductive disease.

She might have a reproductive disorder(not necessarily a 'disease').
What all and how exactly are you feeding?
Do you have a male in the flock?

She might have a reproductive disorder(not necessarily a 'disease').
What all and how exactly are you feeding?
Do you have a male in the flock?
No rooster. They eat a mix of tucker mills and kalmbach layer feed, same feed since they've been grown.

It really is nothing to worry about. It is normal to have glitches in egg production. 3+ years, is getting on to be an old chicken in my world.

Good food, good housing, clean water and adequate feed-really that is all you can do, and accept the fact that nothing lives forever.

It really is nothing to worry about. It is normal to have glitches in egg production. 3+ years, is getting on to be an old chicken in my world.

Good food, good housing, clean water and adequate feed-really that is all you can do, and accept the fact that nothing lives forever.
What about the crowing as well? I think just either crowing or odd eggs alone wouldn't worry me, but with both.....

Well, it is not unusual for a hen in a hen only flock to crow. AND really there is nothing that you can do about it. Except to cull her if you don't like the eggs or the crowing.

This is really not a disorder that will be affected by feed. She might stop crowing if you add a rooster.

But physically, neither ailment is unusual, or suspect in long term laying diseases.

Mrs K

Well, it is not unusual for a hen in a hen only flock to crow. AND really there is nothing that you can do about it. Except to cull her if you don't like the eggs or the crowing.

This is really not a disorder that will be affected by feed. She might stop crowing if you add a rooster.

But physically, neither ailment is unusual, or suspect in long term laying diseases.

Mrs K
Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom