Crows stealing eggs

Crnagora

In the Brooder
May 10, 2023
Crows have been entering my chicken coop and stealing eggs. For the past couple of days I noticed my eggs were missing I thought my chickens weren’t producing. Does this at all effect egg production (stressing the chickens) and how can I prevent crows from entering my coop without blocking an entrance for my chickens nesting boxes.

Patching up areas that the crows can get in with bird netting would work well, though we need to know where they are getting in at. Pictures of your coop and pen would better explain things.

Attachments

• 3EAA27C4-E983-4F1E-8EAB-93BBF0DBFC32.jpeg
    3EAA27C4-E983-4F1E-8EAB-93BBF0DBFC32.jpeg
    862.5 KB · Views: 8
Patching up areas that the crows can get in with bird netting would work well, though we need to know where they are getting in at. Pictures of your coop and pen would better explain things.
They’re going through the door where my chickens enter there’s no other entrance for them. I can close it off during the day but then my chicken will have to find another spot to lay and the crows will take that too.

oh man! those are some pretty bold crows. I have a lot of crows here and they do flyovers and scan the yard for random duck eggs, if they find one before I get it then they steal it.... but Im pretty good at getting them first. I dont think they have ever entered the coop. I'd be pretty mad at them if they did and I think they want to keep me as a friend since I feed them dog kibble and peanuts (and sometimes eggs that we cant eat /cracked/ found after a few days/ soaked in pool/ etc) and sometimes even some grapes!! I feed crows up in the front of my property and the ducks are out back. The crows chase hawks away ! Ive seen it dozens of times and I am thankful for that. But oh boy going inside the coop would be crossing the line!!

Back
Top Bottom