Cuckoo Bluebar...

I ordered 6 of these eggs and I am looking forward to incubating them.
The pictures so far on the sight are great. If I have mean roos - They will go to Freezer camp. Life is too short for mean roosters.
Caroline

so upset. it appears we have a roo from our first broody chicken's first and only hatched egg. in this photo, the top is from the web, female on left, male on right. the bottom is our chick. boo! now we have to try to find him a new home. sigh.

Last edited:
I've been trying to figure out what these are. They look like and have the same coloration as isbars. Isbars lay moss green eggs. Would mixing with a white egg layer cause light green and blue eggs?

I THINK I've figured out the cross but, I'm not 100% certain. I'm in the process of hatching my F1 generation now.

To anyone who has these... Have you need them back to the F2 or 3 generations yet? If so what results did you get color wise? Typical BBS split? How about egg color?

Here are some pix of my Cuckoo Bluebar chicks at hatch...

And these were last week at two weeks old...

These are F1 generation made using a Cream Legbars male over a Blue Andalusian hen.

I'm not so sure that anyone is following this thread anymore?

Is anyone? I'd love to talk Bluebars with folks!

My first hatch of Cuckoo Bluebars (Valentine's Day hatch) are 6 weeks old today!

It looks like I have two pullets and one cockerel fr the first hatch. They are hatching true to the BBS split. The cockerel from the first hatch is black so, he appears barred like a Barred Rock or Cuckoo Marans. When he's fully feathered he will likely have some gold leakage in his hackles, shoulder or/and hackles as his dad is a Creole Cream Legbar. The two pullets are blue. One of the chicks from the second hatch is a Splash (other than a toe mark, she looks identical to my SBEL chicks)

Back
Top Bottom