Cuckoo Bluebar...

Pics
Blue Leghorns are quite rare but, theyre out there. Andalusians and Leghorns are pretty similar birds, similar builds, size and type both lay white egge. Andalusians are only blue though (black and splash as well from the blue breedings) whereas Leghorns come in many many color patterns. The Andalusian has an upright comb where the Leghorns flops over. Also beak and leg colors are different.
My Cuckoo Bluebar rooster from My Pet Chicken. He will be a year old this month
1f60d.png

If the hatching eggs are white, my guess would be a CCL rooster over barred Holland or Cali Grey hens, something like that.

It just irks me that MPC does these mixes and advertises them as breeds. One reason why I will not do business with them or Meyer.

Crossing a white egg layer and a pure blue egg layer will give you offspring that lay blue eggs.

But, if you take that first generation and cross them to each other, it's possible to get white egg layers if you breed enough birds. I think it would be 25%.

without knowing the exact parent stock they're using, it's impossible to tell if they'll breed true or not. Barring is sex linked, so if their males don't have two copies they'll not breed true. Also not sure how they're getting the blue color, if it will obey the b/b/s rules or not. That's why I dislike them calling it a breed....a breed is supposed to breed true.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom