Silver Bielefelder Hatch-A-Long

200 (3).gif

How long does it usually take for the rest of the eggs to hatch? This little chick is crying incessantly. I know I can't open the incubator because of two pipped eggs, but he will need to eat at some point
200w (2).gif
Leave it alone. He'll be fine. He can live 2 or 3 days before needing to eat.
Usually they'll hatch with 24 hours of each other. Sometimes longer if one's really early or really late.
It'll be fine. If need be later on you can quickly open it and snatch them out real quick.

For some reason, I can't post images?

🐣🎉 **Day 2 of hatching updates**

Our incubator is bustling with new life as three more adorable silver Bielefelder chicks joined our flock this morning!

😊 Keep your fingers crossed 🤞 for the last egg; although there aren't any visible pips yet, we're hoping for the best! 🍀 Despite the uncertainty, the joy of witnessing new life fills our hearts with gratitude. Stay tuned for more updates from our growing flock! 🐔🌱

Last edited:
I was mistaken about no pips. I moved the egg to a different incubator quickly so we could put the fluffed chicks in the brooder - and it had popped a hole on the bottom of the egg, but was upside down. We can see it scissoring away.

Once the last one is hatched, I'll post some photos and then we can play "what sex is this chick". Lol. I think we have 2 boys and 2 girls so far.

Back
Top Bottom