Cuckoo Bluebar...

Crossing a white egg layer and a pure blue egg layer will give you offspring that lay blue eggs.

But, if you take that first generation and cross them to each other, it's possible to get white egg layers if you breed enough birds. I think it would be 25%.

without knowing the exact parent stock they're using, it's impossible to tell if they'll breed true or not. Barring is sex linked, so if their males don't have two copies they'll not breed true. Also not sure how they're getting the blue color, if it will obey the b/b/s rules or not. That's why I dislike them calling it a breed....a breed is supposed to breed true.

Last edited:
If the hatching eggs are white, my guess would be a CCL rooster over barred Holland or Cali Grey hens, something like that.

It just irks me that MPC does these mixes and advertises them as breeds. One reason why I will not do business with them or Meyer.

A breed will breed true. I agree. It's the same reason a sex link isn't a breed. Until it is stabilized, it's still just a cross.

By the way, I never called it a breed. Just the name they are calling it.

Last edited:
A breed will breed true. I agree. It's the same reason a sex link isn't a breed.  Until it is stabilized, it's still just a cross.

By the way, I never called it a breed.  Just the name they are calling it.

I got the ad pulled up so I could read the info. That's where I picked up info on it being called a breed. Glad you brought the subject up for us.
1f60a.png

A barred Holland is colored like a barred Rock, but is smaller and lighter bodied. I think the standard calls for white legs, but I'm not positive. no feathers on the legs. They're one of the few white egg laying breeds that don't have white earlobes. Mine are hatchery stock and aren't especially prolific layers, but they do lay nice size eggs.

They also seem to lay all boys
he.gif
. I need some girlchick hatching mojo on my eggs currently in the incubator
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom