Cuckoo Bluebar...

Pics
They have a pea comb.

Keep the info coming - following with interest.

pop.gif

What were you guys thinking this was a cross of, again?

- Ant Farm

Ok. Will be interested to see. We bought 6 eggs and all 6 hatched. Now we'll see how they do. :))

Just finding this thread
smile.png
. I also saw My Pet Chicken Ad for Cuckoo Blue-bar eggs, was actually googling for Cheshire Blue Pullets that lay a beautiful blue egg. I was thinking of ordering a dozen, but after reading previous posts I might wait to see how they develop. I saw all the baby chick pictures, and some look different than the others, does this indicate a sex-link chick or are the pictures not clear? Please keep posting updates on chicks, how many turned out cockerels verse pullets, and could you tell the sexes apart? Thank you Diana
jumpy.gif

Keep the info coming - following with interest.

pop.gif

What were you guys thinking this was a cross of, again?

- Ant Farm

Hi All:
All 6 of ours hatched too and are doing well. I was thinking they are a cross between a Cream Legbar and something else. If they show any autosex like the cream Legbars there should be a white spot on the head. If you look at ours it appears that we may have 3 pullers and 3 roos growing. Won't be completely sure for a few more months but that's what I suspect.
Maureen

Hi All:
All 6 of ours hatched too and are doing well. I was thinking they are a cross between a Cream Legbar and something else. If they show any autosex like the cream Legbars there should be a white spot on the head. If you look at ours it appears that we may have 3 pullers and 3 roos growing. Won't be completely sure for a few more months but that's what I suspect.
Maureen

Hi,
I am delinquent on reporting. Sorry. They all feathered out and are the strongest batch of chicks we've had to date. Someone recommended feeding a cocktail of Poultry Cell, probiotics and electrolytes. We did that. They were moved from the garage under a red heat lamp to the run into a new house about 2 weeks or so ago. Weather here has been unusually mild. Luckily for us there is only 1 rooster! All six birds are doing amazingly well. I just started feeding them Poulin's Egg Production today. Previous feed was Pullet Grower. Really mild, curious personalities. Photos will follow.

I also need to report out on egg size in a few months. They were advertised as early, prolific, producers of huge blue eggs.

Are they sex-linked or auto-sexing ? If so would the next generation be auto-sexed. What about egg color ?

EEEEK I am so sorry that I have missed this thread up until now!

I will have some pictures of some of our teenager CBB tomorrow.

Let me see if I can answer some of the questions I saw in this post:

1. The breed true as B/B/S.

2. They are all barred. The offspring of these birds will also all be barred.

3. They are not auto-sexing, however like most barred birds, you can take an educated guess about the size of the dot on their head.

4. If you aren't comfortable Dot sexing you can easily sex them at a few weeks old. The roosters get HUGE combs.

5. We find that they are on the lighter end of the Large Fowl scale and are excellent foragers. We have so far found them to be very hardy and tough.

6. They will all have straight combs.

If I missed anything PLEASE let me know. I'll get some good pictures for y'all tomorrow.

Alex
My Pet Chicken

Hey well I've got you. What color eggs do your legbars lay. Do any of them lay mint greens. Could you send me some unedited pics of thier eggs if you do get mint greens.

EEEEK I am so sorry that I have missed this thread up until now!

I will have some pictures of some of our teenager CBB tomorrow.

Let me see if I can answer some of the questions I saw in this post:

1. The breed true as B/B/S.

2. They are all barred. The offspring of these birds will also all be barred.

3. They are not auto-sexing, however like most barred birds, you can take an educated guess about the size of the dot on their head.

4. If you aren't comfortable Dot sexing you can easily sex them at a few weeks old. The roosters get HUGE combs.

5. We find that they are on the lighter end of the Large Fowl scale and are excellent foragers. We have so far found them to be very hardy and tough.

6. They will all have straight combs.

If I missed anything PLEASE let me know. I'll get some good pictures for y'all tomorrow.

Alex
My Pet Chicken

Any more news on these guys? How did they feather out?
Hi All
Here are photos of our six, hatched from eggs on the kitchen counter. Only 1 ended up being a roo. As mentioned previously, we've raised at least 8 to 10

batches of chicks of various breeds and these have been the strongest/healthiest. Can't wait to see what the eggs look like and

whether or not they're really prolific layers of large blue eggs.

Back
Top Bottom