Cuckoo Maran???

jag

Songster
12 Years
Mar 9, 2007
Maine
Just wondering what you guys think of my free rare chick. Is she a Cuckoo Maran? Here's pictures of her and her legs.
big_smile.png

front.jpg

bars.jpg

side.jpg

legs.jpg

Also...I have a little yellow Americauna.
smile.png
What color do you think she'll be when she feathers out?

americauna.jpg

Hmmm...could be a Cuckoo, the legs seem almost too dark tho?? so not realy sure.

The white Americauna could feather out to be any color, my aunt had a white chicks and it feathered out to have many dark colors. So who knows?
smile.png

fl.gif
I really hope she is a cuckoo maran!!! I can't find anything else that fits. With the barring showing up on the wings, it's definintely not a black sex link rooster.

Here i go once again trying for the most Noob questions asked on this message board but...

Couldnt it be a barred rock or a dominique, if not, how do you guys know?

Sorry for the noob question
hmm.png

BTW how did you get the Free chick?

Last edited:
Did you ever figure out what it was?
Ive figured out how you got the free chick from other peoples posts
cool.png

Quote:
Barg no question is a noob question.

The Barred Rock, Domiique, and the Cuckoo Maran all have part of the same blood line but here is they difference in the birds

Barred Rock - Yellow Legs, Single Comb, Hen 7 - 7.5 lbs

Cuckoo Maran - White legs some times snow white - Single Comc Hen 6 - 6.5 lb

Domique - yellow - golden - some times dark yellow legs - rose comb - hen 5lb

Now your bird looks to have brown legs in the one photo and kinda light / white in the other. Pick up the bird and post what color its legs are please
hu.gif

Now justusnaks bird is a barred rock hen 100% sure of that. Them birght yellow legs give it away.
clap.gif

lively Bee's :

Now your bird looks to have brown legs in the one photo and kinda light / white in the other. Pick up the bird and post what color its legs are please
hu.gif

Now justusnaks bird is a barred rock hen 100% sure of that. Them birght yellow legs give it away.

As per your request: here is one set of feet.
feet1640.jpg

And a set of feet from my other dominique.
To me they look the same color as justusnaks birds feet.
feet2640.jpg

And as an extra bonus, here is a face. We bought these as Dominique hens, if you know different, let me know lively Bee's
smile.png

face640.jpg

I'm assuming you had seen pics of my chicks in another thread, if you wern't addressing me about posting pics, I apologise for the interuption but offer the pics for comparison anyway
wink.png

Last edited:
I was just looking at crazy critters (Maggies) responce to one of my other posts on the subject https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=4543 and Justusnacks (Debs), birds comb looks more like the dominiques comb then the barred rocks comb.
At what age do they develope the distinctly rose VS single comb.

Yes I have too much time on my hands this time of day.
lol.png

Keeping your thread alive Jag ....

Back
Top Bottom