Cuckoo marans

One of my cuckoo Marans is so friendly and always wants to sit with me. Today she climbed in the sleeve of my robe and went to sleep.

AW
Mind you bet you had a few scratches !

That ones feathers are looking kind of scruffy, and its comb is pale. It might be molting, have you found a lot of feathers on the ground recently.

If they are missing feathers like this:

Your chickens tail and lower belly feathers seem to missing an aweful lot. I usually have one girl that molt at this time, so your might be molting depending on if they have a lot of feathers recently.

The only other thing i can think of is if they have been under stress. Have the temperatures been jumping around, has anything been added to the coop that might be putting them off, has there recently been more predators around, have your switched feeds, has there been any loud contruction that could be stressing them, that kind of stuff.

Last edited:
That ones feathers are looking kind of scruffy, and its comb is pale. It might be molting, have you found a lot of feathers on the ground recently.

If they are missing feathers like this:

Your chickens tail and lower belly feathers seem to missing an aweful lot. I usually have one girl that molt at this time, so your might be molting depending on if they have a lot of feathers recently.

The only other thing i can think of is if they have been under stress. Have the temperatures bweleen jumping around, has anything been added to the coop that might be putting them off, has there recently been more predators around, have your switched feeds, has there been any loud contruction that could be stressing them, that kind of stuff.
well the person we got them from said they'd been breeding them? But thank you so much!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom