Cuckoo Silkies- Updated Pics Page 4

Thank you for answering . What about skin color are they blk skined or flesh color ? I cann't really see very well in these picks . I would love to have the barring you have in your birds . Mine are geeting so light , when I talked to the breeder he said thats how his have always been . I really don't know much about genetics . Any advice for improvement is welcome . Tammy .B

Here are some updated pics of my cuckoo silkies(some of the pic may look a bit washed out-it was getting late so the flash on the camera was firing).

7576_cucksk2.jpg

7576_cucksk4.jpg

7576_cucksk5.jpg

7576_cucksk6.jpg

7576_cucksk8.jpg

7576_cucksk9.jpg

7576_cucksk10.jpg

7576_cucksk11.jpg

7576_cucksk12.jpg

7576_cucksk14.jpg

7576_cucksk17.jpg

very nice
big_smile.png
I finally found some quality black hens to breed my cuckoo roo with. I'm eagerly awaiting the results
38899_100_0827.jpg

the blues are in with him because they have super nice type. I know it will dilute the barring some but I'm building the barn before painting it.

They are beautiful . Mine really need work
hmm.png
. They are only about five months old or a least that was what I have figured from the age they were sold to me to be . ( could be a little older or younger ) ok here goes .
53887_imag0379.jpg
53887_imag0378.jpg

53887_imag0338a.jpg
53887_imag0373.jpg
53887_imag0377.jpg

I really would like advice on how to improve . Thanks Tammy .B

Hey Steve

Thanks for posting new pictures. They are growing out marvelously! BEAUTIFUL!

What is your next step with them? I know only the very basics of cuckoo breeding and would be curious to know what your plans are for improvement.

Hint... this would be a great place for a thread about cuckoo silkies and improvement plans...

Oh to have more room... sigh. I am at my five and a half coop limit. My lavender rooster spends his nights and early mornings in our upstairs guest bedroom as it is...

muddyhorse nice pics , I think that is what happened with my cuckoo silkies . ( bred to blue ) their barring is very faint and they have more of a blue lavender look to me . I do like their coloring just would like a stronger barring in them , and not such bright red combs .

Where did everyone go ?? Hmm well does anyone have any fertilie cuckoo silkie eggs for sale or know where I can find some ?? I really like the coloring of cuckoos . Tammy .B

Back
Top Bottom