Current Movies - Thumbs UP or Thumbs DOWN

Just came back from the BANFF Mountain Film Festival. I saw special edits of several documentaries including One Step Beyond, The Gimp Monkeys, Strength in Numbers, and Wide Boyz. They were really fun! Very different from the type of films I often seek out. I recommend the festival to anyone who loves extreme sports and the outdoors.

http://www.banffcentre.ca/mountainfestival/worldtour/

The only other film I saw this weekend was Rust and Bone (finally) which was absolutely phenomenal. Marion Cotillard's performance was the best I have seen her yet. I'll be keeping this Netflix envelope to watch a second time this week. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2053425/

I plan on seeing Lore either Tues or Thurs this week. http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/independent/lore/

I'm also looking forward to Olympus has Fallen. I love political drama/actions.

OK, cool, I really love movies and doing reviews on them LOL!

Hotel Transylvania PG--Excellent animated family film; recommend to all.

Total Recall PG-13--The remake of the 80's action movie. I was not impressed. Not enough story and background. I love the original, and was disappointed by this one.
Total recall I though was good. Not as good as the old one but worth watching especially if you don't really remember the old one. The movie was made to be a guy movie though. Story needed work but the effects were great an it had lots of eye candy.

Hotel Transylvania has to be the best movie I have seen in years. You are sold on that little girl being real by the time that movie is over.

Brave PG 2012- good kids movie. I liked it but it was a little odd..

Underworld Awakening R 2012- OK an worth watching. Throws a new twist in to the story but no where near as good as the others.

The Hunger Games PG13 2012- A must see movie. Starts bad. I almost turned it off. Glad I did not cause it turns in to what I expect to be a movie I will watch over an over.

The Bourne Legacy PG13 2012- Probably a good action movie if it was named something else. Jason Bourne was not in this movie an that killed it for me.

MIB3 PG13 2012- Good movie but not up to the level as the other 2. The dog was not in it which hurt it allot.

The Expendables 2 R 2012- Compared to the first one it was junk. Not much action, mostly bad jokes making fun of the actors careers.

I just saw Oz. Overall, it was okay. the monkey and the doll were the best at acting, and they were just voices. I learned that Mila Kunis cannot do angry either. Would I spend my money at the theater again? No. Would I watch it one night on Netflix when I was bored? Probably.

I just saw Oz. Overall, it was okay. the monkey and the doll were the best at acting, and they were just voices. I learned that Mila Kunis cannot do angry either. Would I spend my money at the theater again? No. Would I watch it one night on Netflix when I was bored? Probably.
Was it worth full admission or 5.00 tuesday?

I seen Jack the Giant Slayer, it was an OK movie kinda cute and was good cheap entertainment. It was in 3D which I am beginning to like more and more.

Rebelcowboysnb glad you made it over here. I usually see you on the 'random pictures' thread.

Yes, when I finally decided to see Hunger Games, I liked it very much. Now I am waiting for "Girl on Fire." I didn't read any of the books but, it didn't matter.

I can't remember the early MIBs, did like MIB3, I thought Josh Brolin did K so well, they could have been twins.

Ditto re: Bourne Legacy - there is only one true Bourne, and I sure hope they can coax Matt Damon back.

Kaitie09 I figured as much. Oz may have brought in 79 mil. or so and topped the list for the weekend but, figure it will drop off alot this week.

I wish something good would come up, I am missing the movies because couldn't find anything worth seeing.

Rebelcowboysnb glad you made it over here. I usually see you on the 'random pictures' thread.

Yes, when I finally decided to see Hunger Games, I liked it very much. Now I am waiting for "Girl on Fire." I didn't read any of the books but, it didn't matter.

I can't remember the early MIBs, did like MIB3, I thought Josh Brolin did K so well, they could have been twins.

Ditto re: Bourne Legacy - there is only one true Bourne, and I sure hope they can coax Matt Damon back.
*CLEARS THROAT*

Actually, its "Catching Fire". "Girl on Fire" was Katniss's nickname. The books are great. READ THEM.

Back
Top Bottom