Current Movies - Thumbs UP or Thumbs DOWN

Pics
Just saw " Place Beyond the Pines," with Ryan Gosling, and Bradley Cooper. It was an ensemble piece in three parts that are connected. The acting was very good, the story line a bit weak, I did like the movie but have to say nothing stuck with me after I left the theater. My brother didn't care for it.

Thanks Sourland. The movies have been so bad lately, I've been staying away. May 3rd. brings IronMan 3 which I will go see even if all the critics pan it.

Has anyone seen" Oblivion" - I'd like to know if it's worth the price of a ticket.

Tomorrow we're going to see "Mud" our local AMC never gets the good ones, so we have to mosey over to the one in a more expensive area - luckily the pre noon show tickets are still $ 6.00

His name may be "MUD" but the movie is really good. My brother and I both really liked this movie - so you are getting two opinions for free. Acting was very good - Matthew Mconaughy usually is. The two young boys were excellent - just naturals even at their age. Reese Witherspoon has a small part that any female actress could have played. I give this movie an enthusiastic Thumbs up.

"MUD" sounds like a movie I would like.

But not so much something my wife and daughter would enjoy.
And when I do go to the movies, it's really more about being with
them than it is about the movie.

Just saw " Place Beyond the Pines," with Ryan Gosling, and Bradley Cooper. It was an ensemble piece in three parts that are connected. The acting was very good, the story line a bit weak, I did like the movie but have to say nothing stuck with me after I left the theater. My brother didn't care for it.

The Princess and I felt exactly like you about this movie. After the first segment, I was like, 'What the H is it over already?" I immediately called the 'twist' with the two boys. Seeing it beat sitting at home, but nothing great.

thank for your remarks Sour.

I just saw MUD, and discovered the AMC theatre raised the ticket prices for the early, shows - %$$@^&@ on them. I probably won't get to see Iron Man 3 for at least a couple weeks because they are showing it in IMAX 3d and made the regular viewing times to late to get the cheap price . I can wait!!

Wait till we all can' stream' chicken tv in our homes- instead - theatres will go belly up.

Back
Top Bottom