Custom sculptures of your animals

bantamamba

Songster
10 Years
Jan 17, 2010
I was just curious...considering today's interesting economic times, who many of you would be interested in a small, nice quality custom sculpture of your animal? Or bust? Horse, dog, naked mole rat, chicken(s), whatever...hand-painted and in a specified (or non-) pose/size.

I do a lot of sculpting and prop-building...and while I have sold some on the side I would like to try and endeavor to do so some more. Maybe open an etsy shop or webpage. Most of my stuff is horror/fantasy themed, which some peeps aren't all that into, so I was wondering if perhaps I could get into pet sculpting as well...little figurines that can sit on your desk on a polished or detailed base of some sort, or larger busts.
Problem is, I have no idea how I would even begin to price stuff. I have looked at a few similar sites so I have a general ballpark idea...and I know most of what people are willing to fork out depends on quality. I can have samples of my work up in a few days when I find ze digital camera, for your deliberation.

I am also aware that offering custom pet sculptures is not exactly a novel idea...but there are many different styles to choose from, what's one more in the mix? I tend toward extreme realism, myself, but can do whimsy. Hmm.

Thanks in advance...

I have never sculpted a chicken or pet, but I sculpt animals along with a few friends for collectors and dioramas. Here are a few, some I did myself, others are done with collaboration and still others by friends who contribute to my diorama. All of the landscaping and plants are done by me, most from scratch although a few are from dollhouse or model making kits.

Here is a guar done by Anna Dobrowski-Osko
P7220192.jpg

White tailed gnu by Harriet Knibbs
whitetailedgnu1.jpg

Some birds done by me and another sculptor
PICT0288.jpg

Sloth bear mother and cub
PICT0328.jpg

Bush pig and yellow backed duikers
PC250045.jpg

I have about 100 different sculptures, but that is a sample. I'm sure I could do a chicken or any pet for that matter, I just have never tried.

Those are gorgeous scultures and models, Philter! I remember seeing photos of them before and I was extremely impressed. How did you get into that hobby?

Bantamamba, I can't wait to see pictures of yours! I'm sure there are people who would be quite interested in models of their pets!

Back
Top Bottom