Da' Cute and Cuddly Call Duck thread!

Pics
I took a picture of my pastels (and SFH) today.

Has anyone gotten calls from efowl.com? I was looking at their page and since they offer 7 colors I was thinking of getting some from there. 
Well there crossed with other breeds and there colors will be off my mother just ordered some grays last year because she didn't like mine !!!! Because show birds she thinks are way to much work for her but what ever !!! :)

I actually have seen the breeder birds and farm they use for efowl.com. No they are not mixed breed but they definately are pet quality to breeder quality though.
Aprille

Hello,
I'm from NE Ohio and I have been raising call ducks for about five years just as a hobby. I'll post photos when I have time, but in the meantime, I'm looking for advice about a
problem I'm having with a female. I found her in the duck yard one day struggling to get up, so I moved her into a pen where she has been for last 3 months. (We have no avian veterinarians in the area, so that's a big problem.)
I thought that, if she seemed to get worse, I'd take her to a vet SOMEWHERE - again, a big problem - but she didn't. In fact, some days she seems fine. I'll find her up and about, even getting in and out of the small swimming container. The very next day, though, she seems to be struggling to stand up. She almost seems "front-heavy." It's as if it's harder for her to lift her front end than the back. Once she's up, she walks pretty normally. I don't have the heart to "cull" her, although I would have someone do it, if I felt she was getting worse or seemed uncomfortable. She doesn't appear to be in distress, but she's not normal, either. I see others mentioning "overbreeding," and I did think that was a possibilty at first, but shouldn't she be recovered by now?
Has anyone observed anything like this, or do you know someone I might ask? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. This is a photo of one of my calls, not necessarily the one I'm writing about. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom