Da' Cute and Cuddly Call Duck thread!

Pics

LeBlackbird

Songster
10 Years
Aug 17, 2009
SE Pennsylvania
For Call lovers, feel free to talk and post pics!
big_smile.png

Figured I should post this here, lol... I have had Call broodys sit together and raise their shared clutch without an issue, even a trio of broodys... but this is a completely new one for me...

I bought 2 Silvers from a friend, for the last 2 years they have tried sitting... but being the quieter, shyer ducks, they always got ran off their nests... my last 2 sets of fertile eggs, I finally separated them out and let them have their clutches... 1 hatched her clutch and the other hatched hers almost a week later... they immediately joined their clutches and are raising both sets of ducklings together, sharing duties over the entire combined group equally... and even the ducklings didn't have issues integrating together...

They're also both first time mamas, and are the fiercest protective ones I have ever seen, lol...

20171117_155915.jpg
20171117_155916.jpg
20171117_155926.jpg

IMG_8418.JPG IMG_8419.JPG IMG_8421.JPG IMG_8424.JPG IMG_8423.JPG

First swim/water therapy for the yellow one who was malpositioned in the egg with his foot over his head and has splay leg. Im supplimenting niacin in their water and had him in a bandaid splint and its worked tremendously. While he absolutely hates the splint and has a hard time getting around, ive seen major improvement and dont even think ill need to use it again. I believe it's crucial to treat splay leg as soon as you notice it especially when theyre young like this and recover so quickly because they're growing so fast.

Also the gray is a ball of energy! So spunky and excited about everything. Running and falling and jumping and tumbling and even at just two days old he was doing the "dive underwater like a torpedo" thing:jumpy

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom